Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle you been around since the Freep days? I thought you were a youngster for some reason.

Comment

• Nah. I joined my freshman year at CMU in fall of '96. Don't even remember what my login was those days. Changed to Oracle at Worldcrossing, circa '01?

Comment

• LOL .. I think Off Tackle = Mike.

If I recall correctly.

I would have loved to meet Jerry Bouldin. I got to talk to him on the phone a couple times. If anyone remembers the raspy-voiced actor named Neville Brand, then you know what Jerry sounded like. Loved his Wolverines. He told a great story of how he went to a game in Columbus, where Michigan won, (sometime in the early 70's) and he was so happy about the victory that he ran naked thru a park near the stadium. He got arrested but the cops let him go after he sobered up a bit.

I'm going to keep trying to get Paul S to come back and contribute. He'd be a good fit in here. Even if he only posts a couple times a week, its fun to have him around.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          LOL .. I think Off Tackle = Mike.

If I recall correctly.
          Oops!

Comment

• You were joking

Comment

• Still here. Just in Italy. I'll be in AA for the first two games and at the Scio Church lot with Sean and Doug.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 17, 2016, 04:45 AM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I not only was an original on the Freep site, I am the only person to be banned on all three sites (Freep, Worldcrossing, here) (I use to post in the old newsfeed site which predated the Freep site)

Comment

• I could be wrong, but I think that you guys have named a few folks who joined up after the Freep shut down their forums. I don't remember Buchanan or Berkley there but I could be wrong. Jamie H, Tim P, jerry Bouldin, Timmy C, MGrad92, Wolveroses, Paul S, and at least a half dozen other guys from that era are gone. I see Jamie every once in a long while in the mgoblog forums. Most of the rest of the people we met up with at worldcrosing.

Seems like we lose about one regular poster a year and we don't make up for it with new folks. We could use some more new ones and this has always been my favorite forum.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; August 17, 2016, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• I never posted on the freep site. It sounds dreadful. I was CNNSI then Worldcrossing. 1997-current with some breaks here and there. It's astounding. The day the CNNSI Sysop gave me my own thread was, I think, the single banner day for internet expression, at least since 1998.

I don't think I started posting w/ M fans until 2004.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      I'm pretty sure I need to be banned .
                      Get right on it Liney!
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I never posted on the freep site. It sounds dreadful.
                        Heh. You don't know the half of it. I'm glad it existed because without it, I never would have met these guys. But there were some really -- shall we say -- interesting characters there. Lots of personal fights and trolling way back before people had the experience to deal with that shit. And lots of us used our real names. One of our Democrat-leaning posters got a nasty call at home from somebody who was, most likely, one of the more Conservative forum members. There was another guy who was a depraved, angry psychopath who loved to doxx posters and post their personal information (this was about 15 years before the term "doxxing" was invented!).
                        Last edited by Hannibal; August 17, 2016, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Just now heard the word doxxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            You were joking
                            Heh

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                              Get right on it Liney!
                              I looked at the moderator panel a few years back, and I still can't figure out how to "ban" someone. I think an actual "ban" can only be done by Deborah, as the forum owner.

If anything was to rise to the level where someone needed to be banned, I'd turn it over to Deborah and let her handle it. It would need to be more than the silliness that is posted here.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                Do NOT ban AA. He will lead us from the darkness!

Thank you.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X