Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any of them worth poaching and bringing here? Fresh blood is often a good thing
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
      any of them worth poaching and bringing here? Fresh blood is often a good thing
      Not sure that any there would migrate here but I might look for an opportunity to sneak a link in over there. I don't want to overstep the boundaries over there, though, as I perceive the "atmosphere " there as being such that too blatant and obvious an open invite over there might ruffle feathers and get me the "banhammer" too. Like I indicated earlier, they've been purging people...

Comment

• If you can contact some of the disgruntled folks via e-mail, maybe that would be less detectable.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There are other Michigan forums?
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Thanks for bringing it up, Rob. Interesting.

Comment

• Thanks Rob .....

After taking a look at that place when it first got started I made a quick decision I was not going to participate at all. Waste of time mucking around with the sort of people that frequent that forum.

We have a great group here. There is sort of an anchor crowd beyond the mods that have an impact on idiots who enter, are quickly identified as such and then disappear.

I have always liked the mutual respect we treat each other with. Well, then there is OP, who just enjoys throwing a grenade into the room and watching what happens. I can deal with him because I know him pretty well.

Great contributions as well from talent and strange who take a lot of shit from us as well they should. Same for E, Wiz and Hoss all of whom who I take great interst in reading thier posts. Wish we had counterparts from Iowa, MSU, etc.

Anyway, this is a good place to discuss M football and has been for as long as I have been a part of it. So, thanks, Rob for pointing out what it can be like in other M forums and what it is not like here.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Not surprised that happened at mgoblog. I occasionally post there, but not a ton. The stupid points voting system created a situation where the perpetually butthurt could make invisible anything that they didn't agree with. It's in the DNA there now. Now that the point system is gone, people aren't equipped to debate about things.

I would love to poach a few people though if they are leaving, since our crowd has gradually diminshed over the years and there hasn't been an influx of new blood to replace them.
                Last edited by Hannibal; September 27, 2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• It does kinda seem like an echo-chamber at the intersection of football and hipster lingo, but I haven't been there much.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    It does kinda seem like an echo-chamber at the intersection of football and hipster lingo.
                    That is such an awesome line.

Comment

• Thanks. I have a schedule of fees for licencing options.

Comment

• I have always liked the mutual respect we treat each other with. Well, then there is OP, who just enjoys throwing a grenade into the room and watching what happens. I can deal with him because I know him pretty well.
                        You boys take a straw poll, if you want to vote OP "Off the Island", this carnival barker has no problem with that.

Optimus Prime Pariah will gladly load his vaudevillian wagon and heading over to MGoBlog, as forum temperance has little room on my keyboard. Simply I find it too damn amusing at times.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 27, 2013, 11:48 AM.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• You're gonna go entertain the troops at MGoBlog, OP?

This should be fun to watch!

Comment

• MGoBlog, meet pivot boy. Pivot boy, MGoBlog.
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                              You're gonna go entertain the troops at MGoBlog, OP?

This should be fun to watch!
                              Nah, I wouldn't last the day, no patience for mundane drivel.

However, without question I certainly do miss the "Gilded Era" of this Forum (2002-2007) at X-Crossing, where the smack, witty repartee and insightful analysis flowed like wine by a colorful cast of characters but many of those contributors are gone now, what remains is mere shadow of its former self.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                                You boys take a straw poll, if you want to vote OP "Off the Island", this carnival barker has no problem with that.
                                STFU ..... I love you, man.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X