Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OP, you're not going anywhere, and that's an order. If you leave, I'll contact Peyton Manning and tell him not to make commercials with you anymore ...

(have I ever mentioned how uncanny OP's resemblance is to John Schnatter, the owner of the Papa John's franchise?)
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      OP, you're not going anywhere, and that's an order. If you leave, I'll contact Peyton Manning and tell him not to make commercials with you anymore ...

(have I ever mentioned how uncanny OP's resemblance is to John Schnatter, the owner of the Papa John's franchise?)
      I can't stand that guy!

Comment

• Seconded .... ban the F'er!
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          OP, you're not going anywhere, and that's an order. If you leave, I'll contact Peyton Manning and tell him not to make commercials with you anymore ...

Really? I was thinking more along the lines of Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius.

Anyway, I don't think Liney has ever actually banned anyone.

Also I believe I did join MGoBlog perhaps over a dozen years ago, got kicked out the same day for bashing Carr, "Blue in SC" sent me an email with the link to the Michigan Forum at X-crossing, at that point I never looked back.

Last, I have never met Hack but am fairly certain he would resemble a go-go boy.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• ........ nicely played, sir.

One thing I have enjoyed is Hack's excellent return service. A few Aces I would say.

Carry on.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well I dunno about that. I am only as good as the material I am given. Speaking of, we now know what to get OP for his birthday. http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/...bo3793334.html.

From the preview: "The story of Marcus and Fronto began in 139 CE when Fronto was selected to instruct Marcus in rhetoric. Marcus was eighteen then and by all appearances the pupil and teacher fell in love. Spanning the years in which the relationship flowered and died, these are the only love letters to survive from antiquity—homoerotic or otherwise."

Comment

• Damn Hack, hell hath no fury, you play way too rough.

The Forum concedes that your knowledge of obscure gay literature both contemporary and ancient is unparalleled.

Second, Maximus is actually a Hollywood apparition, a composite, there are no historical references in Roman Literature to his actual existence but as a Journalist, I am certain you knew that.

Last, say aren't the South Carolina GamePenises playing now? Enjoy......
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Anyway, I don't think Liney has ever actually banned anyone.
                  He has banned me more than once, way back in the early Lloyd days. :-) Not many are around besides Rob F from then (?). Can't say I blame him, I was a fiery anti Carr instigator - Wisconsin 'Bager' :=) fan also, MSU and the Charles Hardway thing. I remember trying to post after the 'Timeclock Bob' game and Linesman seen red.

That was a long time ago (and a lot of beer), like most when getting older I have calmed down a lot. Now my son (22) has his own place here in Ann Arbor too (he loves it ) and also works full time over by Washtenaw Ave area.

Comment

• I remember that, not the actual banning but the pissing and moaning after the fact. I always thought you made it up Packy. Is Chuck dead?

Comment

• I've wondered about Charles/G Gus/his other aliases too. No idea if he's still alive but I suspect not, I seem to recall him supposedly being in bad health over a decade ago.

OP---did you have a different username back then? I don't recall you from nearly that far back.

Comment

• I do remember though Packy and multiple bannings.

Jon goes way back to those days too, I believe. Talent and Wiz too , but they may have primarily been CFB Megasite guys back then. I'm thinking a couple others here might be from the Freep days or very early WX. Jeff and Doc Hodge go way back too.
                        Last edited by Rob F; September 28, 2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Liney---any history that you can add?

Comment

• No Rob, I've always been OP, actually I don't remember you either. Timmy was the founder, he had a motorcycle (2002) ish.

Never blogged before, ever. Had the option of using your real name or an alias, so OP was born. Predates the movies, figured the cops would be knocking on Hasboro's door!

Early members that I can recall:

Liney, Timmy, Chemilord, BlueinSC, BlueinWisconsin, Jeff Buchanan, Doug, Packfan, RegalBuck, Heater, not sure when Sean B. joined, Jamie H. I think too. Talent was the first poster I ever told to go F himself on the Internets., obviously many more followed.

I am sure I am forgetting a few posters. When did Mojo Spartan join?

Oh yeah, Hanni G Jon & Doc posted too.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 28, 2013, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• I go back to late 90s at the Freep with the Detroit Lions crowd. Then moved to World Crossing. Then to the Detroit Lions Forum. I started the U-M thread over there. Jumped over to the Michigan side of Detroit Lions Forum when I finally gave up on Matt Millen.
                              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; September 28, 2013, 04:14 PM.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I recall the Packfan days @ WXing. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X