• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    ..educate OSU fans..
    SYNTAX ERROR

Comment

• If you delete it, that shit just flows into other discussions imo... You'd blow up the 'around CFB' discussion and others with talent spinning every allegation about Ohio.

Comment

• In my best Scarlett O'Hara voice: But Liney, Where will they go? What will they do? Leave them to their obsession with Michigan football. They have so little else.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• For me I say leave it. It has good entertainment value for me.

Comment

• Originally, it was a thread that Paul S started, and it was mostly a good natured thing. We were trying to convert Paul over to being a Michigan fan, and we had him leaning there for a while...

But unless there are any strong objections, I'll leave it for now, but I'm not going to guarantee that it will be there forever.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It would be a shame to close it down. Like closing down the local library. Where will the locals go to get an edumacation?

Comment

• It's a steaming bucket of puke which I largely ignore so I don't care. Part of me says burn it to the ground, piss on it, then coat it in salt but that toxic waste dump will likely spill into other threads.

Usually when someone is a guest in another's home they demonstrate a modicum of respect. buckeyes like to put their dirty shoes on your coffee table and then complain if you ask them to take off their shoes. To each his own, I suppose...
                Last edited by Mike; October 5, 2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  It's a steaming bucket of puke which I largely ignore so I don't care. Part of me says burn it to the ground, piss on it, then coat it in salt but that toxic waste dump will likely spill into other threads.

Usually when someone is a guest in another's home they demonstrate a modicum of respect. buckeyes like to put their dirty shoes on your coffee table and then complain if you ask them to take off their shoes. To each his own, I suppose...
                  Well, you know what, I've been posting with some of these guys for a decade now. If Liney or Jamie or Jeff or Doc Hodgson wants me to cool it, I'll cool it. But if some johnny-come-lately comes in and gets all huffy and puffy that he has to read negative stuff about Michigan, meh, go soak yer head.
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 5, 2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• I say leave the thread. DSL and Talent have been long time posters. The last decade has been somewhat contentious by Ohio domination later shown to be fraudulent, so it's only natural that emotions run high. If one can read past all the posturing, sandbaggery, etc, there is some value in having the opposition's perspective. I don't have time to go the Buckeye forums, so I've always appreciated having an opponents thread to get their viewpoints. I wish Regel, Heater, and Paul S would post here as well. In fact I wish we had a thread for each of our Big10 teams as well as our Big10 wannabee Domers and had a few regular posters from each team.

Just my $.02
                    Last edited by Pasadena Blue; October 8, 2011, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• Well, the "Husker Nation" thread isn't going anywhere. Entropy and Wild Hoss do a fine job of letting us know what's going on with the Huskers.

I opened a thread for the Irish, and our friend Clashmore Mike was posting there for awhile, but since the game has already been played, I can understand him moving on for the season. I suspect we'll see him back here later this year.

Paul S is still one of my Face Book friends, and I correspond with him regularly. He is a very busy man and doesn't have a lot of time for the computer these days. He's not happy with how things are in Columbus right now.

I think Heater (active Air Force personnel) got transferred, and when he left he said he wasn't going to be able to post anymore. I hope he's doing well.

I could name a couple dozen Michigan fans who used to post with us, who no longer do so, for various reasons. I wish I could have all of them back, but I guess its not happening.

If we get some new folks from other Big Ten schools who want to join in with us, I'd have no problem starting a thread for their team.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• New to the forum

Hi everyone-

Lurked around the old World Crossing U of M site for many years, but never posted previously.

Long-time/diehard fan of all Detroit teams (yes, even the Lions) but my one true love is M football.

Taking in this year of M football with tempered enthusiasm; greatly encouraged by the apparent improvements on defense/ST/ball security, but we've been down this road the last couple years...
                        Hard not to be impressed with what Hoke has done so far (with class and integrity to add), as well as the great recruiting classes coming in, and an apparent return to "Michigan football".

Please take it easy on the new guy until I get situated, if possible; thanks

Paul
                        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Lines, I always read through the OSU thread, but only superficially browse some of the more long-winded posts. Like someone said, it has entertainment value. And it seems that without exception when a "foreign" poster comes to one of our tailgates or otherwise meets some of our guys he generally turns out to be a decent guy. One thing about this forum that I enjoy is the level of education, knowledge, and thoughtfulness that most posters have. This is not a forum of rednecks. I would keep the thread open.

But I'll also add that we need moderators who will clamp down when things get too personal.

Comment

• By all means, keep it!! Though I haven't posted in it for ages, I find it to be one of the most interesting threads we have on this forum. Sure, some of the stuff is childish, churlish clutter, but I think we've done a great job over the years (here and at WX) of keeping things much more civil on our forums than just about any other similar forum I've ever visited.

I personally very rarely find myself offended by anything posted by fans of other teams. Those of you who do, use your "ignore" capabilities either by using your settings to filter it out, filter certain individuals, or even (at risk of showing myself old-fashioned) exhibiting some self-control and not even clicking on threads that bother you---it really isn't THAT difficult!

I find variety to be the "spice of life" and really, really will miss both the banter (which I quite accurately find to be at least 95% good-natured!) and the opposing viewpoints that are presented by the miscreants and unwashed vermin who dare enter into our realm. Those who wish this place to be vanilla, find yours in the ice cream case at your local supermarket. Me? Keep feeding me the good stuff I find all over our forum by keeping things as they are now, unfettered and uncensored!

Comment

• Welcome to the forum, Paul!

Comment

• Yes Liney the Thread has to stay. Now that we have momentum and God has punished OSU, it's time to reap the rewards.
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X