No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. You're correct on your analysis of PSU (IMO). They're a wildcard. From an OSU perspective, they're a non-factor -- they don't have the team win in Columbus, so I've sort of discounted them. But, they probably have enough to give UNL and M a real battle in Happy Valley.

As for UNL, I guess they could lost at Purdue, at Penn State or home to either nFw or MSU. In terms of pure probability, they're more likely than not to lose one of those games -- about 60% if you say they're 80% to win each individually. So, you're on the safe side, Hanni.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      ......I, for one, am looking forward to Buchanan's page long breakdown of the Goofers.

....... So, I see UNL @ PSU and OSU @ M as the key late season games. If UNL loses at PSU, then M should win the division. If not, M will have to beat OSU to, well, play OSU again.
      You ain't getting it so, STFU.

The second paragraph up there is spot on. There is nothing much more to discuss assuming things go down on the "fat side of the bell curve of probability outcomes" (good one).

One of things I love about CFB is the unpredictability of it. Something I sense you feel will happen, talent, is that Michigan will have one of it's classic, WTF losses against an opponent no one gave a chance to. Say, Indiana, for example.

I'd like to think those days are over. Why? Mattison. I think his defense can keep Michigan in any game even when Borges has a brain fart and the offense sucks donkey balls. I think M will have a few of those games.

I could never say that about Jim Herrmann or his successor, Jim Herrman, Jr., Ron English. Both of those nut jobs were always one good defensive fuck-up away from giving the ball game up.

All things considered, I think we'll see the re-match of the game Brandon and Delaney angled for with their utter disdain for the logical in setting up the Leaders and Legends Divisions. Whoever wins game one in that match-up, will lose game two ...... I've always like ufm's coaching. osu as the BTCC.

F*** them both.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Something I sense you feel will happen, talent, is that Michigan will have one of it's classic, WTF losses against an opponent no one gave a chance to. Say, Indiana, for example.
        Actually, no. I'm very clear -- I think they lose at EL. I don't trust M on the road under Hokattison, Buchanan. I think 4-5 the past two years (4-4 in the B10) supports that. That said, I think they're getting better, so I think they'll go 4-1 on the road this year.

IMO, UNL will got 7-1. That's probably optimistic as they're likely to drop another somewhere as mentioned above. If UNL drops a second, then I think M is in the CCG. Otherwise, IMO, they'll have to beat Ohio State.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't trust M on the road under Hokattison, Buchanan. I think 4-5 the past two years (4-4 in the B10) supports that. That said, I think they're getting better, so I think they'll go 4-1 on the road this year.

Can't deny it. This is a year to get a signature road win and that would be a major bottom-line indicator of progress. But a point of clarity is needed: that is not Hokattison's road record. It is Hokeorges' road record.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            But a point of clarity is needed: that is not Hokattison's road record. It is Hokeorges' road record.
            God yes

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Actually, no. I'm very clear -- I think they lose at EL. I don't trust M on the road under Hokattison, Buchanan. I think 4-5 the past two years (4-4 in the B10) supports that. That said, I think they're getting better, so I think they'll go 4-1 on the road this year.

IMO, UNL will got 7-1. That's probably optimistic as they're likely to drop another somewhere as mentioned above. If UNL drops a second, then I think M is in the CCG. Otherwise, IMO, they'll have to beat Ohio State.
              So, they'll be in the CCG....

Comment

• Nebraska's defense will imo lose it another game somewhere in there... M, MSU & Neb could all go 6-2 and the CCG would be decided by tiebreakers with NW imo going 5-3...

Like Talent, I think M's has the most talented squad but favorable schedules from those of MSU (especially) and Neb hurt M while NW's schedule could hurt them as much as anyone... That would make the games between M, NW, Neb, Sparty critical and very likely deciding the 'west.'

Can't see anyone but Ohio State winning the 'east.' They are head and shoulders over everyone in the 'east' and probably a 'tier' above the top teams in the 'west' with a favorable schedule to boot. Looking at the rest the 'east' division I have trouble sorting them out, without looking at anyone's schedule Wisky & PSU are probably .500 teams in B10 play but I think the schedule favors Wisky if memory serves correct; so they might go 5-3.

Indiana looks like they are a step above Purdue & the Illini, again no clue on the schedules but those guys aren't going to win many games other than against each other and against the Gophers & Iowa; all of those teams (all 5) 'could' steal another [probably home] game against someone else.

Comment

• Nebraska's defense will be better because we will be better and deeper up front...but it still is not going to be a great defense. The offense should as good we have had since maybe the 90's. It's gonna have to be.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm not sure what to make of Michigan. In no way do I expect to host OSU undefeated. But then again there's not asingle game on the schedule that looks like a certain loss. One of them will probably break that way, though. I think whether we go in with one loss or two depends on Borges. The defense is going to show up. Does Borges have what it takes to sneak in enough scoring in EL? He's going to be desperate to put his fingerprints on that game, and I worry about his tendency to outsmart himself.

Comment

• I think we're going to lose @ Michigan and @ Penn State. Calling Sparty in Lincoln as a tossup...I just have a hunch they're due.

Lots of preseason puffery about the defense improving, but that's to be expected. Offense will tough to stop if they can curtail the turnovers, especially on the road. Special teams look like a disaster in the making with no super-kicker to bail out our typical subpar performance in this area. Lots of pressure on Martinez & Co.

I think our OL play will improve significantly, as Barney Cotton's role has been reduced to minimal. Might even be able to handle blitzes this year...we'll see.

Comment

• Sparty might not even field an offense. They lost almost their entire running game from last year's offense, which sucked even with Le'veon Bell, and they are now thinking of playing a frosh at QB over last year's starter. I don't see how they are going to be taking down any quality teams on the road. Esp. since outside the Michigan game when they are focused and ferocious, they play stupid and inconsistent.
                        Last edited by hack; August 23, 2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Hack pretty much nailed it with the last 2 posts. Agree...

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            Sparty ...... outside the Michigan game when they are focused and ferocious, they play stupid and inconsistent.
                            Characterization of the century.

I don't get his. I may not like MSU, Mark Dantonio or Narduzi but MSU has played some good football on both sides of the ball with decent if not great recruiting. They seem to know how to cobble together good football teams despite a lack of elite talent although they get a few and make the most of it.

They are both outstanding CFB coaches, not withstanding Narduzi is evil personified, if getting the best out of their players is a decent measure of that.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• At the risk of offending him, .. I agree with Hack .. :-)
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah well screw you for doing it. Inappropriate!

Comment

Working...
                                X