No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2011 Tide defense was as good a defense as there's been in CFB in a long, long time. And they still needed Iowa State to save their ass. Alabama has proven both remarkably good and fortunate in getting their last 2 MNCs.

The 2012 defense could be had a little. Manziel did it playing out of his mind. Georgia did it a little.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Some Canes sites reporting that GOlden is going to take the Penn State job...TIFWIW

Comment

• The SEC is getting a taste of the offensive diversity that most other leagues have been dealing with for a while now. They went through an homogeneous offensive period of very conservative, pro-style "attacks" which made their defenses look better than they probably were.

Given their propensity to play absolutely nobody OOC, the only measuring stick was bowl games. They certainly made their case there, but a bowl game with a month of prep against lower-rated opponents (Given that their best team is always in the NC game and the runner-up in the BCS) is a bit of tilted field.

They have a lot of great coaches that they pay top-dollar for (along with players) so I am not calling their defensive dominance a myth...just overrated. They are now seeing that playing the likes of Missou, Auburn, ATM and even Vanderbilt with only five days of prep isn't so easy.

Comment

• Franklin officially announced as PSU coach today...unofficially known since mid-week

Comment

• MSU commit (from Cass Tech?) body slams security guard, caught on camera (well, sort of). Now he's in jail

Comment

• He'll fit in well in East Lansing.

Comment

• Schollie pulled reportedly.

Comment

• I didn't realize that Campbell was still a junior. I thought he was a senior this year.

Agree with the Channel 7 reporter. Campbell may be facing expulsion from Cass Tech. Its a school of choice and they have academic and behavior standards that are above that of the regular public high schools in Detroit.

I would have thought that Wilcher would have tossed him off the team for his playoff incident. This one may seal the deal completely.

I don't like State at all but there is no way that Dantonio signs this guy now. He's got enough of this type on his roster already.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dantonio is all about giving talented kids 4th, 5th chances.

Comment

• Rutgers expected to hire Ralph Freidgen to be their OC

Interesting dynamic for Maryland in the East...Franklin & Friedgen, who both got dicked over by the Maryland AD, now directly competing against them.

Comment

• Should be another day where it's apparent the B10 is not gaining on anyone when it comes to football.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• UNL lost a kid to SC today... he decommitted from FSU when his position coach left and loved the visit to Nebraska. Committed to the huskers and it appears Dad won't let him sign.

Dad wants him to go to SC.. where they haven't visited.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Someday there will be a 30 for 30 on recruiting...after the B1G take a shit ton more lumps of course.

Comment

• I doubt ESPN would do anything to damage their SEC product
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• EFZ
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X