No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No championship defense I think they said.

Meyer was run out of the SEC for this? Someone's gonna pay, bet it's "how dare you interview" Fickell.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Florida State still got better style points in beating Syracuse
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Heh. Based on how they performed against Northwestern and Penn State, Syracuse would be fortunate to have Indiana's record in the B1G.

Comment

• Lemme guess, you're trying to say OSU is as good as FSU? Funny.

Comment

• Accept it, Strangelove.

The BCS likes FSU more than OlieO.

But, as Mr. Talent ESQ says, the Rose Bowl is a very good consolation prize.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nope. But their schedule has been about as bad. Yet to listen to the national media, their resume is filled with victories over Top 25 competition.

The only really quality team they will have ended up playing is Clemson, and they beat the shit out of them, on the road no less. But the rest of the schedule is just as bad if not worse than ours. Wake Forest, Nevada, NC State, Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, Bethune-Cookman...c'mon...

Miami was horrendously overrated and should have five losses right now. Duke is now the frontrunner to win the ACC Coastal division for God's sake. Florida is a shadow of its former self and won't even make it to a bowl if they don't pull out the upset tonight.

Comment

• Well, you can say "but" but that doesn't change the fact. They have a better schedule and they pass the "eye test" way more than OSU. It is what it is.

Comment

• It's known as ABO, anyone but Ohio and don't act surprised. FSU and Clemson would totally destroy team Meyer.

Thanks to common-sense BCS voters and God you will never see the slaughter.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      Well, you can say "but" but that doesn't change the fact. They have a better schedule and they pass the "eye test" way more than OSU. It is what it is.
                      We'll see how things play out. If Wisconsin goes 10-2 and Sparty goes 11-1, they will be better opponents than anyone on FSU's schedule except Clemson.

Comment

• ....and then the eye test........

Comment

• Sooooo.... Team A beats the #3 team (on the road) by 37, the #7 team by 4 TDs, and #25 63-0.

Team B squeaks by the only ranked team they've played, #22 Wisky by a TD, at home. Impressive you were able to hold the mighty Illini to only 5 TDs today.

Oh, and the only teams with an equally shitty SOS are Wisky and sparty, yet they're quality competition?

Yeah, there's a reason why you fucks continually earn your title of most delusional fanbase.
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            We'll see how things play out. If Wisconsin goes 10-2 and Sparty goes 11-1, they will be better opponents than anyone on FSU's schedule except Clemson.
                            Yes, victories over teams like Northwestern, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois (michigan ugh) are quality.

LOL with the rationalizations coming from oLIEo land
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                              Sooooo.... Team A beats the #3 team (on the road) by 37, the #7 team by 4 TDs, and #25 63-0.

Team B squeaks by the only ranked team they've played, #22 Wisky by a TD, at home. Impressive you were able to hold the mighty Illini to only 5 TDs today.

Oh, and the only teams with an equally shitty SOS are Wisky and sparty, yet they're quality competition?

Yeah, there's a reason why you fucks continually earn your title of most delusional fanbase.
                              I couldn't care less where the hell Miami was ranked when FSU played them.

You're seriously touting them as the #7 team in the country? They've lost three straight and just gave up almost 50 points in a loss to Duke. They should have lost to UNC and needed a late 4th quarter rally to beat Wake.

And let me point this out: Northwestern was ranked #16 when we played them. So why does Miami still count as a TOp 10 opponent for Florida State but Northwestern doesn't count as a ranked opponent for us? Can you justify that inconsistency in any way?

To be perfectly clear, I claim in no way that Northwestern is a Top 25 team. But if you give Florida State credit for beating teams where they were ranked at the time of the game, then you should play by the same rules for all teams.
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 17, 2013, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                                Yes, victories over teams like Northwestern, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois (michigan ugh) are quality.

LOL with the rationalizations coming from oLIEo land
                                Why is Iowa a shitty team but you are impressed with FSU's wins over BC, Syracuse, and Maryland? What makes Miami better than either Wisconsin or Michigan State? Is it that 3 game losing streak they're on? The 4th quarter rally they needed to beat Wake Forest? The 170 yards of offense they piled up on Florida? The 48 points they gave up to Duke tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X