No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M, ND & Purdue have mostly been replaced by ACC teams. Sounds like a big downgrade to me.

Comment

• More wins though.

Comment

• My thought as well, seems the Domers want to dumb down their schedule plus have the ability to have ACC schedule them games in October, November where they've had difficultly filling home dates...

I don't blame the B10 for not wanting to have a tough OOC opponent in October, November. I think eventually we'll see ND play at least 1 B10 opponent a year.

Comment

• My brother in law is a big OU softball fan so I've been watching the regionals with him.

Unranked Michigan just unexpectedly beat 9th ranked ASU, in back to back games to advance to the super regionals. They came from the losers bracket after ASU sent them there with a win in thier first contest.

ASU was expected to win the region. So much for that.

Both Nebraska and Minnesota from the BIG have also advanced. Minnesota was the only ranked BIG team. M and Neb are unexpected participants in the super regional. Wisconsin was also ranked and unexpecdly lost today and is out.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 18, 2014, 09:40 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• UNL had to win 4 games in 23 hrs to advance. They now have to play bama in bama.
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Well done.

Comment

• Many here don't care about the financial side but...

Big Ten reaches agreement with Time Warner and Cablevision over the NJ/NYC market.

Appears BTN will be on basic cable there now since I know both previously offered it as part of their 'sports package' which cost extra. Also expected to reach an agreement with Comcast soon.

Comment

• JonNyatawa: Announced attendance today: 10,424. That's a #B1G tournament single-day record ... Full tourney record going down 2mrw

Attendance yesterday - 10,424

Overall tournament record - 12,219

Comment

• For what?

Comment

• I think he's referring to the B1G Baseball tournament.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• yes.. baseball

Comment

• every time you turn around there's some B1G championship...
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• still surprising that the best BIG attendence EVER for the baseball tourney is only 12K.. for the entire 4 days

Comment

• About the same as for the SEC Hockey Tournament...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Remember when baseball was the national pastime? Probably not except for us old farts.

Comment

Working...
                                X