No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when Bowling was a Saturday staple on TV? (Earl Anthony? Mark Roth? Dick Weber? Marshall Holman?)
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• B10 baseball tourney expanded recently. Used to be just four teams.

Comment

• shaddup
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Speaking of baseball ........ or softball, unranked Nebraska gave #2 ranked Alabama all it could handle in a loss in extra innings to the Tide. In the Super Regionals it's best two out of three games so Neb could come back.

Meanwhile, unranked Michigan pounded #8 FSU 18-3 winning in 6 innings instead of 7 under the mercy rule.

Neb and M are the only two unranked teams in their respective Super Regionals. It's nice to see the BIG so well represented in this sport.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• And Michigan is VERY young. Only two seniors on the entire team, and the big contributors are the freshmen and sophs.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• they said UNL is the youngest team left... bright future for the BIG.

UNL also had 4 errors leading to 2 runs. can't win at bama doing that. they're too good
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yep, and Minnesota, along with Wisconsin and NW have had good teams recently as well. Its just a matter of time before another B1G team wins the NC

Comment

• shaddup

hello
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• HI!

Comment

• Neb lost two straight to Alabama, the second loss coming today and M, after kicking the shit out of FSU in game one, got blanked in game two by FSU 6-0 and then, tied at 2 runs apiece in a very well played 2nd game by both teams, gave up a 2 out, walk off homer to FSU's best hitter in the 7th loosing 4-2 and sending FSU to the finals.

M had the bases loaded in three innings including the top of the sixth and failed to score all three opportunities. My brother in law, an OU grad, who has gotten me into watching this pointed out some poor coaching calls by Carol Hutchinson in the loss this evening. He thinks FSU's staff outcoached M's. That's unusual as Hutchinson is pretty good and has been around for a good while. She has to be aggravated, feeling she could have done a better job. With two outs and one on, not walking the hitter that hit the winning homer for FSU was a pretty obvious coaching error. FSU routinely intentionally walked M's heavy hitters and dominated the others with pin-point pitching from their ace. Hutchinson appeared to let her pitcher throw to FSU's best hitters ..... appears to have cost M a chance for the World Series.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 23, 2014, 09:37 PM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm no softball guy, but why would you walk the winning run into scoring position?

Comment

• Limit the errors and UNL wins bothe games. Both days had 2 unearned runs.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It didn't used to be this way but I'm more interested in college softball than college baseball. Maybe if the men switched to wooden bats, I'd feel differently.

Comment

• They switched to new bats a few years ago that perform like wood ones, scores are down dramatically across the board.

Comment

• Good to know. I saw a little bit of the Indiana/Nebraska game. I like IU's throwback jerseys.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X