No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Boilermakers look typical today. Competitive during one part of the game (the first half vs Wisconsin), but can't play a full game.
    Actually the first half wasn't even close if you ignore the 10-7 score. Wisconsin dominated.

Starting a freshman QB and RB, I want Hazzell to return next season. If Purdue can't go 6-6 or better starting in 2016, obviously a change is needed. It's a fact it would be really hard for Purdue to fire Hazzell after this season because of the buyout.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      If thrashing NW is the measure of a team, I guess Iowa needs to be waaaaay higher ranked.
      And Stanford should then be "others receiving votes".

Comment

• If Nate Sudfeld stays healthy, IU can be dangerous down the stretch.
        Maybe a 8 win IU team?
        Purdue is a free win.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• IU will lose their next three (Sparty, Iowa & M) then they have Maryland & Purdue.

Comment

• Ha, nevermind.
            Rutgers scores 28 unanswered to end game, win it.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Just for fun, I took a look at Advanced Stats to see if there was a chance based on the indexes there that you could predict 2 losses for MSU. On the raw numbers, MSU will end the regulars season at 11-1 (7-1) losing to osu in c-bus. So, on the raw numbers no.

I'd say Neb who plays MSU in Lincoln could steal one. They are closest to MSU in the Advanced Tats categories, so there is that and if MSU does pick up two conference losses and M wins out, I'm not entirely sure how the BT algorithm treats cross division losses in determining the Division champ.

I think it gets complicated if there are three teams (in this case M, MSU and osu) at the top of the East division with one division loss each and one of those three teams having two conference losses (anyone?).

According to advanced stats, M will end the season at 9-2 or 9-3 (7-1 or 8-2), osu will go 12-0 or 11-1 (8-0 or 7-1) the osu projection depending on what rating system you look at; 4 of the 5 picking M to win v. osu in AA. I'd point out that advanced stats has been pretty accurate in projecting wins.

So, it's possible, I would think that you could get a three way tie (assuming MSU loses to osu) in the East division involving osu, MSU and M, not sure what happens in the calculus for East Divison champ if Neb beats MSU.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The ``Advanced Tats categories''? There's more than one? Sounds like you've been spending time in Columbus.

Comment

• I gotta imagine you can throw out the advance stats on OSU now. You had to get them early, now they are rolling. MSU needs to get to the bye with a win over the Hoosiers, that will get them time to heal up and figure out how to kick a football.

Comment

• Yeah it's probably too late to beat OSU.

Comment

• Tie is decided by who is ranked highest in the College Football Playoff Rankings at the end of the year.

Comment

• Well, that leaves us out.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                          Well, that leaves us out.
                          Yep. I just read the process at the BT web site. Common sense tells us that a three way tie involving M, MSU and OSU would have a one loss osu team ranked ahead of 2 conference loss MSU and one conference loss M.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If B1G East was tied, it'd likely mean MSU lost to OSU and UM beat OSU, meaning they each have 1 conference loss and OSU/MSU 1 loss overall and UM with 2 losses overall. OSU still more likely to have a higher ranking, but MSU could conceivably be ranked higher since OSU would have lost more recently. No way UM is ranked highest.

If UM wants any chance at the division, MSU absolutely needs to lose two.

Comment

• Yep. They need to lose to UNL and OSU.

Comment

• Also depends on how the games go. OSU wins a close one against MSU and gets blown out by M then who knows.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X