No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The East is going to be a full on war zone. The West will remain a playground. There's no real re-balancing. Is what it is.

As for Dantonio, he's done a nice job. That said, he's not a miracle worker. He had 3 meh rebuilding years. His first two 11-win teams were sort of fluky in my book. His last 3 teams have been legitimately really good (though, injuries may do in this year's team). That's pretty impressive, IMO. It's part of the reason I don't think they're going anywhere -- or falling too far -- with the impending rise of HARBAUGH!!!!

And I'll give him this, too -- his teams play hard and never quit. I thought the way they bounced back in the B10 CG against Ohio State after OSU made its 24-0 run to go up 24-17 was really impressive, as was the way they kept fighting against Baylor.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• ........ and the last play against M. SIGH

Too bad Harbaugh didn't have one time out left. Guarantee he would have called it.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He should have taken the delay of game penalty.

Comment

• O'Neile would have had to be coached to do that. Based on his recent interview I don't think he thought at all that he wasn't going to get the punt off no matter how many guys were coming.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm saying this from experience this year from the football team I work for. We do use a rugby style punt formation, our regular punter is OK, our snapper over the year has been erratic. Therefore the punter has had to field bad snaps that sometimes hit the ground. Some of his best punts have been picking it up scrambling and getting off a punt. Like 60 yard punts, but there was a time where he tried it off the bad snap and it was a 10 yard punt. That is the mindset.

Its one of those things where there are a million things you can think of in hindsight. Part of it is, something like this rarely happens, truthfully I'm not sure anything like this has happened.

Comment

• Bowl Eligible
              Ohio State (8-0)
              Michigan State (8-0)
              Iowa (7-0)
              Northwestern (6-2)
              Penn State (6-2)
              Wisconsin (6-2)

Bowl Likely
              Michigan (5-2)

Toss-Up
              Illinois (4-3): Need two wins from Penn State, Purdue, Minnesota, and Northwestern
              Indiana (4-4): Games against Purdue & Maryland remaining
              Nebraska (3-5): Must beat Purdue & Rutgers, then shock Iowa

No Postseason Likely
              Minnesota (4-3): Have shown no ability they can be competitive with good teams and they still play Michigan, OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois. Can they win two?
              Rutgers (3-4): Still play Maryland & Army but need to upset Wisconsin or Nebraska
              Maryland (2-5): Still must play Iowa, MSU, and Wisconsin
              Purdue (1-6): Not official yet, but yeah, they done

Eliminated
              None

Comment

• Dang. Nebraska.

Comment

• I'm not sure any Nebraska win would be a shock. They're certainly capable of being in any game ... and then shitting on the souls of their fans.

Comment

• You can put Nebraska in the bowl eliminated. That's a lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I'm not sure any Nebraska win would be a shock. They're certainly capable of being in any game ... and then shitting on the souls of their fans.
                      Not good enough for MSU or Iowa.

Comment

• For Iowa? Iowa isn't good.

Comment

• We need Nebraska to be Nebraska again. The B1G didn't bring them in to be fodder for NW ..
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ouch.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              For Iowa? Iowa isn't good.
                              Good enough to beat the team that just beat the Huskers at home by 30 points on the road and good enough to be undefeated while Nebraska is mired at 3-5. I think I like Iowa in that one.

Comment

• It's too bad Maryland fucked around with Rowe for a couple games. I think the Locksley-Hills combo is gads better than that the god-awful offense with Rowe. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get an upset win to go along with wins over Rutgers and Indiana -- which would still leave them 1 win shy.

Don't get me wrong, Hills is still a turnover machine, but at least they're running what Locksley wants to run and it is effective at moving the ball. Now they move the ball 30-40 yards and turn it over as opposed to going 3 and out and punting for 30-40 yards!

Comment

Working...
                                X