No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska reminds me of last year's Michigan team in some pretty bad ways. They look soft.

Worst part about watching a Wisconsin home game is listening to the announcers gush about that timeless Wisky tradition, the "Jump Around", which is so old that George W. Bush was president when it became famous.

Comment

• A Nebraska fans perspective on Wisconsin game day..

Stadium atmosphere is great - the tailgating scene and ability to go the union, get a pitcher of beer and sit by a lake is INSANE and AWESOME. Their stadium is quiet. Seattle was louder last year with far fewer fans and less to cheer about. The student section is awesome and engaged, but not with the game. They want Bucky Badger to do pushups, to jump around, to do the wave (best wave ever... but wave is still stupid and dumb) and to sing Buttercup. It's a fake in stadium atmosphere, though very memorable and unique. It is fascinating how FEW advertisements they play there, they keep the students involved. Students were all in seats before kickoff.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Hanny... They are playing scared and unsure

Comment

• Wisky has a great team. I don't see anyone beating them. Illinois maybe has the best chance and it would take a really off day from the Badgers for that to happen

Comment

• Wispy is a great team, no question. I just expect my favorite team to compete.

Comment

• How stupid does Tom O'Brien look for cutting Wilson from the team because he missed spring practice and being "selfish"?

Comment

• One of the best things about the Big House is the total lack of advertising. Um doesn't even allow ESPN or ABC to hang a banner.

Comment

• That is the opposite of UNL thanks to a previous AD

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Worst part about watching a Wisconsin home game is listening to the announcers gush about that timeless Wisky tradition, the "Jump Around", which is so old that George W. Bush was president when it became famous.
                    Amen. I think BTN had it on one of their "Best" shows as one of the best traditions. I nearly puked. I also hate that they've already included Nebraska players in that series. How the hell can Mr. Suh be the best Big Ten D-lineman of the 2000s when he didn't play in the Big Ten? And did I hear right that the championship game trophy is named for Joe Paterno? Seriously? Couldn't anyone spell Schembechler or Hayes? JoePa was a great coach, but he spent most of his carer outside the BIG.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I think the Coach of the Year trophy is named after Woody and Bo

Comment

• Both of them?
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yeah. The Big10 championship trophy is named after Paterno and Stagg if I recall correctly

Comment

• The Joelonzo Trophy? Or is it a small can called Sterno?
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              A Nebraska fans perspective on Wisconsin game day..

Their stadium is quiet. Seattle was louder last year with far fewer fans and less to cheer about.
                              To be fair, Washington is, for some reason, one of the loudest stadiums I've ever seen a game at. Same thing for Seahawk Stadium. About the only place I've been to louder than those two places is Oregon--that place was insanely loud.

Comment

• The cantilevered design of the roof reflects noise back down towards the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X