• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HARBAUGH!!!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Always
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Eh, they lost Fields and Parsons, though Parsons may still end up there.

Shorter is really good, and I like Slade, too, but I don't think he's a 5*. But they only have 4 top 100 kids, they're from NJ, Virginia (2) and Pennsylvania. They have 3 more kids in the top 300, and they're east coast kids.

So, meh...I mean 7 out of 19 in the top 300. Whatever. To me, there class isn't much different than Tennessee's.

That said, PSU will probably have the #2 class in the B10. I doubt M will surpass them (or even finish in the top 10) with limited numbers (after taking 60 the last two years).

Yes, agreed, #2 in the B1G. Not talking nationally. The fact that they are in contention for the the best B1G class outside of C-Bus is surprising to me.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, they should be top 3 most years. There's really no reason for them not to be. And in years when HARBAUGH!!!!! is light on numbers they can be #2.

Honestly, the surprise for me is gap between OSU and the rest. It's Big 1, Little 13 shit.

That said, the biggest recruiting surprise in the B10 this year is Reilly. He's doing a nice job in Lincoln and he still has some players on the hook to finish pretty well. IMO, Penn State is more just meeting expectations. If they held on to Fields, then exceeding, but they didn't (and god knows where that lottery will eventually land anyway).

Comment

• Mike Riley is a Bama grad, of course he's doing well....(remembers Dubose and Shula)....nevermind.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Medium and growing (formerly Big) Ten

There are numerous fan and donors waiting to see Riley struggle this year so they can pounce. He has a great class. Our luck is a bad year will send the traditionalist into a frenzy and UNL hits reset.. again. Fans can't get out of the way...
              Last edited by entropy; July 17, 2017, 02:08 PM.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I can't really speak to the machinations of folks living in an amoral intellectual wasteland and rooting for a decrepit has-been program. However, dunderfuck assdancery is consistent with all I know about Team Husker so I tend to believe entropy's take.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  There numerous fan and donors waiting to see Riley struggle this year so they can pounce. He has a great class. our luck is a bad year will send the traditionalist into a frenzy and UNL hits reset.. again. Fans can't get out of the way...
                  The best thing that could happen to Nebraska this year is that Mike Riley goes 5-7.

Comment

• The Medium and growing (formerly Big) Ten

Sad but true talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• No hanny... it would not

Comment

• Riley is not a long term solution. He's a barely adequate stopgap. The best thing for Nebraska this year would be to lose sufficiently bad enough that there is a mandate to get rid of him and bring in you-know-who.

Comment

• And change systems again... brilliant. 4 self-probations with the 4 last coaches.

Best thing for UNL is for him to succeed.

Last edited by entropy; July 17, 2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• I count five free wins for Nebraska in 17. It's possible.
                            Though Purdue has given Neb some trouble recently for some reason.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Lots of good talent in the Mid Atlantic in this class and PSU is getting first dibs... Very much agree with talent that this class is likely to miss the top 10 in terms of recruiting rankings. More important IMO is getting in the top 10 in average recruit ranking.

IMO it's not a critical class after two very large, excellent classes (about 55 total after some attrition already) that might even prove to be underrated if the early hype is to be believed. We'll see these underclassman on the field this season already so we'll get to know if the hype is deserved for the '16 recruiting class and less-so the '17 class...

OSU is recruiting on a different level than everyone else but Bama. Urban is the best coach in college football and it's very tough to see him coaching our biggest rival.

-

Anyway, back to handicapping the B1G...

Pretty clear top 3 in B1G East, how are we separating them? B1G West is Wisconsin then three or four solid programs, not quite sure if the Gophers belong with the other three but the Gophers are certainly a level above the Illini, Boilermakers.

Comment

• losing every game is possible too...

Comment

Working...
                                X