Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNL looks like a big12 defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Arkansas St is still alive!
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The B1G looked really damn good in week one. Nobody on our schedule except for maybe Minnehaha came in below expectations, but Purdue and Maryland came in way above.

Comment

• The entire East covered easily in non-conference games. The West was 3-4 against the number.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I didn't really know where to put this but this is as good as anything we've got so ......

All this alternative uniform shit for M got me thinking. First off, we don't see USC, PSU Alabama and the like doing any of this. I understand why its being done at M ..... $$$$$ ...... for Nike and the school, so, OK, I get it. That doesn't mean I don't dislike it, I do.

This is a great recap - and I had no idea how complex this got after, say, 1970 - of the evolution (or I might say the capitalization of M stuff) of M's football uniforms, including helmets and all manner of stickers, patches and the, IMO, horrible introduction of the Legends crap from Dave Brandon (that utter douch). That's been sensibly eliminated by I suspect Jim Hackett with Harbaugh in on it.

I loved the true maize and blue that persisted at M while I was there (66-70). That morphed (several iterations) to the highlighter yellow and THAT I really hated. Loved it when Harbaugh actually brought back M's true maize and blue (it's in this link and the color is explained in complete detail). Regardless of that effort, I don't like what's going on with these alternate uniforms. Stick with M's home and away unis as we have known and loved them. My bet is JH has little say in it. Ward Manuel and Nike probably do so, fuck them.

~Michigan Football Uniform Timeline~ Scroll down for a timeline of Michigan football team uniform changes. Notes are restricted to helmet, jersey, and pants changes but include variations of colors, designs, patches, decals, logos, etc.   For the Michigan Helmet Stickers Catalog, click here. For historical uniform changes follow the links by era: 2020-Current > scroll down | 2015-2019 > Click here | 2010-2014 > Click here | 2000-2009 > Click here | 1990-1999 > Click here | 1980-1989 > Click here | 1970-1979 > Click here | 1940-1969 > Click here | 1867-1939 > Click here April 20, 2024 | Ann Arbor, MI | Spring Football Game HELMET: The team is awarded a stylized decal with the College Football Playoff logo for all-time program win #1004 (vs. Washington in the CFP National Championship 1/8/2024). January 8, 2024 | Houston, TX | College Football Playoff National Championship vs. Washington Note: As the higher seed, Michigan is designated as the home team. JERSEY/PANTS: Team wears blue jersey, blue pants with blue sleeves/socks for the game. CFP logo inside ‘2024’ will be placed on the left chest above the Nike Jumpman logo: HELMET: The team is awarded a stylized decal with the Rose Bowl logo for all-time program win #1003 (vs. Alabama in the Rose Bowl, CFP Semi-Final 1/1/2024). January 1, 2024 | Pasadena, CA | The Rose Bowl, College Football Playoff Semi-Final vs. Alabama Note: As the higher seed, Michigan is designated as the home team.JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears (home) blue jersey, maize pants with white socks/sleeves. Details: HELMET: The team wears a large CFP logo sticker on the back middle of the helmet: HELMET: The team is awarded a stylized decal in the shape of the silver football atop the Big Ten Championship Trophy (including the B1G logo) for all-time program win #1002 (vs. Iowa in the Big Ten Championship Game 12/2/22). HELMET: A new sticker reading ‘MVP’ awarded to players voted team Most Valuable Player at the annual Michigan Awards ceremony (also retroactively) worn by Blake Corum (2022 MVP) and J.J. McCarthy (2023): December 2, 2023 | Indianapolis, IN | Big Ten Championship Game vs. Iowa Note: As the East Division champion Michigan is designated as the away team.JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears white jersey, white pants and white socks/sleeves. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal that reads ‘THE GAME’ 1001 for all-time program win #1001 (vs. Ohio State 11/25/2023): November 25, 2023 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Ohio State JERSEY/PANTS: Michigan wears blue jersey, blue pants and blue socks/sleeves. HELMET: The team wears a new nosebumper above the facemask, blue with maize letters reading ‘MICH1GAN’ with large ‘1G‘ letters celebrating program win 1000. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #1000 (vs. Maryland 11/18/2023), including variations for game/unit MVP honors: November 18, 2023 | College Park, MD | vs. Maryland JERSEY/PANTS: Michigan wears road white jerseys, and white pants (with blue socks/sleeves). HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #999 (vs. Penn State 11/11/2023), including variations for game/unit MVP honors. November 11, 2023 | State College, PA | vs. Penn State JERSEY/PANTS: Michigan wears road white jerseys, and maize pants (with maize socks/sleeves): HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #998 (vs. Purdue 11/4/2023), including variations for game/unit MVP honors. November 4, 2023 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Purdue JERSEY/PANTS: Michigan wears blue jerseys, and blue pants (with white socks/sleeves) HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #997 (vs. Michigan State 10/21/2023), with a silhouette Paul Bunyan Trophy logo. HELMET: The team is issued a decal that reads ‘RAMPAGE 2023’ in honor of the team winning 8 straight games, a feat Jim Harbaugh describes as a “Rampage.” HELMET: Given the team also won 8 straight games during one stretch in 2022, members of the 2022 team are also awarded a decal that reads ‘RAMPAGE 2022’ before this game: October 21, 2023 | East Lansing, MI | vs. Michigan State JERSEY/PANTS: Michigan wears the road white jerseys, with blue pants (with blue socks): HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #996 (vs. Indiana 10/14/2023), including variations for game/unit MVP honors. October 14, 2023 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Indiana JERSEY/PANTS: Michigan wears blue jerseys with blue pants (with maize socks). HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #995 (vs. Minnesota 10/7/2023), with a silhouette Little Brown Jug trophy logo. Includes variations for game/unit MVP honors. October 7, 2023 | Minneapolis, MN | vs. Minneapolis JERSEY/PANTS: Michigan wears the (Harbaugh era) traditional white jerseys/white pants (with white socks). HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #994 (vs. Nebraska 9/30/2023), including variations for game/unit MVP honors. September 30, 2023 | Lincoln, NE | vs. Nebraska JERSEY/PANTS: For the first road game of 2023, Michigan wears the white road jersey with maize pants (with white socks): HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #993 (vs. Rutgers 9/23/2023), including variations for game/unit MVP honors. September 23, 2023 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Rutgers JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the traditional home blue/maize jersey & pants combination (with maize socks). HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #992 (vs. Bowling Green 9/16/2023). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors: HELMET: A new sticker appears that reads ‘GUARDIANS OF VICTORY’ on at least one player’s helmet, specific criteria to earn this award are unknown: September 16, 2023 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Bowling Green JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the blue jersey & blue pants combination (with blue socks), the first at home since Nebraska 2022. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #991 (vs. UNLV 9/9/2023). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors: September 9, 2023 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. UNLV JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the traditional home blue/maize jersey & pants combination (with white socks). HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #990 (vs. East Carolina 9/2/2023). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors: September 2, 2023 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. East Carolina JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the traditional home blue/maize jersey & pants combination (via maizenbluenation) HELMET: Certain members of the team are awarded a sticker with the letters ‘EUTM’, for those demonstrating an Enthusiasm Unknown To Mankind: April 1, 2023 | Ann Arbor, MI | Spring Football Game HELMET: The Spring game reveals two helmet stickers that were issued following the season. Participants in the 2022 Fiesta Bowl (the CFP semi-final) are awarded a decal that reads “Fiesta Bowl” above the bowl logo: In addition, members of the 2022 offensive line are awarded a decal in recognition of Michigan’s line winning the 2022 Joe Moore Award. The sticker depicts the Joe Moore Award logo: 2022 Summary (see week-by-week details below) December 31, 2022 | Glendale, AZ | Fiesta Bowl, College Football Playoff Semi-Final vs. Texas Christian University JERSEY: Michigan is designated as the home team, and will wear a blue jersey. Jersey features a bowl sponsor patch on the left chest. The Nike Jumpman changes to the “Diamond” silver/black outline logo on the left chest of the jersey. PANTS: Michigan wears maize pants, which also feature the Nike Jumpman “Diamond” logo on the left hip. HELMET: The team is awarded a stylized decal in the shape of the silver football atop the Big Ten Championship Trophy (including B1G logo) for all-time program win #989 (vs. Purdue in the Big Ten Championship Game 12/3/22). In addition, the team wears a sticker honoring the passing of program friend Dametrius “Meechie” Walker, affixed to the back middle stripe of the helmet: The team also wears the CFP logo affixed to the back middle stripe of the helmet: December 3, 2022 | Indianapolis, IN | Big Ten Championship Game vs. Purdue Note: Michigan, as the East Division champion, is designated as the home team.JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the blue/blue jersey & pants combination. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #988 (vs. Ohio State 11/26/2022) with a “THE GAME” specialized logo. November 26, 2022 | Columbus, OH | vs. Ohio State JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the Harbaugh-era white/white jersey & pants combination (via mgoblue.com): HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #987 (vs. Illinois 11/19/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. November 19, 2022 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Illinois JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the traditional blue/maize jersey & pants combination. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #986 (vs. Nebraska 11/12/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. November 12, 2022 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Nebraska JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the blue/blue jersey & pants combination. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #985 (vs. Rutgers 11/5/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. November 5, 2022 | Piscataway, NJ | vs. Rutgers JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the white/white jersey & pants combination for the first time in 2022. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal featuring a depiction of the Paul Bunyan Trophy, for all-time program win #984 (vs. Michigan State 10/29/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. October 29, 2022 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Michigan State JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the blue/blue jersey & pants combination. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #983 (vs. Penn State 10/15/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. October 15, 2022 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Penn State JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears the blue/blue jersey & pants combination at home for the first time since the 2021 Ohio State game. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #982 (vs. Indiana 10/8/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. October 8, 2022 | Bloomington, IN | vs. Indiana JERSEY/PANTS: The team reverts to the traditional road white jersey/maize pants combination. Via mgoblue.com: HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #981 (vs. Iowa 10/1/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. October 1, 2022 | Iowa City, IA | vs. Iowa JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears its traditional white away-game jersey, with blue pants. HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #980 (vs. Connecticut 9/24/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. September 24, 2022 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Maryland HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #979 (vs. Connecticut 9/17/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. Side note: The majority of the team wears maize socks/leggings for this game (via mgoblue.com): September 17, 2022 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Connecticut HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #978 (vs. Colorado State 9/10/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. September 10, 2022 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Hawaii HELMET: The team is awarded a decal for all-time program win #977 (vs. Colorado State 9/3/2022). There are variations for game/unit MVP honors. September 3, 2022 | Ann Arbor, MI | vs. Colorado State JERSEY/PANTS: The team wears traditional home blue jerseys/maize pants combination. HELMET: The team continued a tradition that began in 2021 of issuing helmet stickers of varying significance. New variations identified: 2021 Summary (see week-by-week details below): December 31, 2021 | Miami, FL | Orange Bowl, College Football Playoff Semi-Final vs. Georgia JERSEY/PANTS: Michigan is designated as the home team, and wears blue jersey/blue pants. Jersey features a bowl sponsor patch on the right chest. The Nike Jumpman changes to the “Diamond” silver/black outline logo on the left chest of the jersey and the left hip of the pants. The team again wears the TM42 patch to honor the victims of the Oxford HS (MI) shooting (introduced at the B1G Championship game on 12/4/21) but placement is moved to the left chest. HELMET: Team is awarded a stylized decal in the shape of...
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff, they don't put them in those uniforms for us old bastards. The kids love them. My 15 year old thought they were great.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Penn State will wear alternate uniforms for Big Ten home opener.

Comment

• It's for $, selling merchandise... This jersey had historical significance unlike most everything Adidas tried to do.

I rarely mind alternates to the away jersey but the home jersey shouldn't be touched at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      .........I rarely mind alternates to the away jersey but the home jersey shouldn't be touched at all.
                      It's a "foot in the door thing" though. More will likely come until we have metallic, reflective silver helmets with wings or that cammo shit, who knows how bad it might get.

I've perceived an uptick in M's approach to alternate uniforms since the end of the LC era but, on further review, I was surprised to learn there were actually a lot of changes from the early 70s to the end of the Carr era - the main ones though in helmet styles (not the wings though they did change in size) patches and the number fonts on the jerseys.

I can't pick the exact year but the transition to the highlighter yellow from the true maize pantone did happen during the Carr era.

Anyway, it appears Dave Brandon was the instigator of all the silly shit that included the bumble bee jerseys and the weird numbering that went along with those made by Adidas. It would be interesting to read that contract to see what part M officials played in that horror versus what part Adidas played.

So, while Harbaugh brought back the correct shades of maize and blue (see the link below) and with Nike, all the odd looking numbers on the jerseys returned to a traditional style, he is not free from blame in what are really pretty significant alternative unis. I was fine with the all white road uniforms introduced for the Utah game in SLC at the start of JH's first year in 2015. There was some tradition associated with that. But the all all yellow stuff worn for the UF game in Dallas, ostensibly a throwback that I can't find because it is so far back that color film wasn't around yet, were pretty bad.

Finally, "the kids love them" meme is BS. The Marine Corps hasn't changed the style of it's dress and working uniforms since the end of WWII and even those changes were minor ....... the kids who enlist or are commissioned that I know love them.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm a hard and fast traditionalist with storied, historic teams. UNLV? Sure. Upper Middle Northern Tennessee or whatever? Sure. Knock yourself out.

Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, Tennessee, LSU, USC, Penn State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Notre Dame? No. Stop. Don't.

As always, your milage may vary, but to be it's like repainting the Mona Lisa and putting a tube top, bangley earrings, and a MAGA trucker hat on her.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I still don't get how so many M fans are okay with a silhouette of a UNC alum playing basketball being glued on the front of your football jerseys.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• harsh but fair
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I wonder how much they actually make on those alternate jerseys, maybe it is a lot and I just don't hang out in the right places to see them being worn.

Comment

• Finally, "the kids love them" meme is BS. The Marine Corps hasn't changed the style of it's dress and working uniforms since the end of WWII and even those changes were minor ....... the kids who enlist or are commissioned that I know love them.
                                It's not bullshit. That is who they are recruiting, not a bunch of old bastards like you and me.

People don't join the Marines for the uniforms.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X