No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever, Buchanan.Bring your shit offense and your awesome defense (that has held OSU to 61 points in 2 years - 103 in 3) to Columbus. Maybe you’ll get your first win since the Clinton presidency. Maybe it will go the way of the last 8. It won’t be the first time M has brought a “great” team to Columbus and be placeput.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Front:

I agree re skill players. IMO, the two biggest anomalies of the season were the Iowa game and the Sparty game the next week. I’m talking all of CFB. No way to reconcile those two weeks rationally.

Comment

• Big is 6-0 in post season bowls:

Iowa 27, BC 20
        Purdue 38, AZ 35
        MSU 42, WSU 17
        NfW, 24, Kentucky 23
        osu 24, USC 7
        PSU 35, Washington 28

Coming up:

Wisky, Miami - tonight
        M, Usc - Monday
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          It won?t be the first time M has brought a ?great? team to Columbus and be placeput.
          Not always by OSU's actual players, mind you.

I agree that MSU won't be going away. We'll see about PSU, but I tend to agree that McSorley's a heck of a player. I also think that there's a very good chance OSU will be better in the post-Barrett era. But Michigan is going to start getting its share too. It's taking longer than it should to get up to speed, but it'll get there.

Comment

Front:

I agree re skill players. IMO, the two biggest anomalies of the season were the Iowa game and the Sparty game the next week. I?m talking all of CFB. No way to reconcile those two weeks rationally.
            When the Spartans played OSU I told my son about 10 minutes in the game that it was going to get ugly. The inexperience showed, they crapped their pants.

But the blue collar, pro style stuff makes me laugh. The reason they beat Penn State us they were the better team, PSU couldn't cover their receivers. All of those receivers are back, LJ Scott is coming back.

Comment

• I laid out my 4 central points which go to this - The East is going to be hellacious next year and there isn’t some sort of coaching magic that is going to change that.

M is the worst offensive team of the 4. They develop QBs worse than any of the other 4. They have a good defense, but newsflash - Ohio State does, too, and Sparty and PSU are good.

Finally, the idea of expecting M to beat OSU anywhere is laughable. Last year they were absolutely dominated in the 4th and OT. This year they were utterly manhandled for the final 3 quarters. But, when it comes to delusional M fans are top shelf.

Comment

• JH came to Ann Arbor with no track record with QBs? That's as self-serving an argument as any a Michigan fan can make.

In truth all fan bases have a spectrum of fans from reasonable to non, and, much as any of us may pride ourselves on being fact-based, we all spent time at various points on that spectrum.

I'm alarmed. No doubt about it. But Harbaugh didn't suddenly become stupid or unable to handle QBs since he got here. I'm aware that 1-5 in the rivalry games is easily 3-3 or 4-2 if a few freak plays don't come to pass. It's frustrating that Harbaugh hasn't been gifted games early like Hoke was, but as of now the body of evidence suggests M's offense isn't going to continue to be this bad.

Comment

• JH has recruited and developed exactly on QB of significance. Dantonio looks like he has 3rd. Franklin managed to turn a safety into the best QB in conference. UFM has had a few good ones, too.

The QBs on Ms roster for the last two seasons have ranged from serviceable to hot trash.

Comment

• Whisky is going to have lots of problems tonight. They occasionally find ways to grind out these wins, but I?m not optimistic.

Comment

• You thought Speight was an NFL-level prospect after last year. But if you're sticking to ``Harbaugh can't develop QBs", nobody's going to stop you. Harbaugh has a ways to go before he can plug-and-play like Meyer does, to be sure.

Comment

• I’m sticking with JH develops QBs worst of 4 B10 East teams. As I said. Probably twice. If you think that means “can’t” then no one is going to stop you. I certainly won’t.

Comment

I laid out my 4 central points which go to this - The East is going to be hellacious next year and there isn?t some sort of coaching magic that is going to change that.
                          After year three, nobody with a brain thinks HARBAUGH!!! has some kind of coaching magic. Certainly, I don't think he's magic and have made that pretty clear in my posts here. He's good that's all.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          ...... They (M) develop QBs worse than any of the other 4. .....
                          That's non-sense. Ruddock alone disproves this statement. Moreover, you can't develop QBs into difference makers that aren't that good to start with (Speight, Malzone, Morris, O'Korn - ok - Speight - to below average - Morris and O'Korn - and, in the case of the one that might have been decent in 2017 - Speight, which even you yourself said worried you - goes down early in the season due to the shit show that was OL play. That changes with just one good RT.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Finally, the idea of expecting M to beat OSU anywhere is laughable. Last year they were absolutely dominated in the 4th and OT. This year they were utterly manhandled for the final 3 quarters. But, when it comes to delusional M fans are top shelf.
                          Well, 2017 JOK. I think it is pretty much accepted in most places osu loses that game with just C- QB play. M was in it late despite JOK, if only by its fingernails but not any different than most M/osu games, until JOK threw an INT to a covered guy with a bliterlingly wide open TE available to score the go-ahead TD.

2016 is the game of inches victory for osu. I'm not disputing that osu got the first down. I think they did but this was not the laughable beat down you seem to be suggesting it was.

I can go back and find your pre-game posts from 2016 and 2017 where you weren't that dismissive of M football. So, I'll just ignore this entire post as stupid or written while your drunk ...... favor the later. Slivovitz
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ruddock disproves that statement? McSorley is better than Ruddock. Sparty has had Cousins, Cook and now Lewerke. UFM probably is the other weak link, but he doesn’t lose his shit with backup QBs. So, if Ruddock is your best example then that is proof positive of #4 in the East, like I said.

Finally, LMAO @ generally accepted that M wins line. By Mgo posters, sure. Remember, Ohio State has to win that game with its backup, who wrecked Don Brown. The kid JH developed for 2 years was garbage. Ohio State was just better. They took M’s best shot and methodically beast the piss out of them for 3 quarters.

Comment

• Also, lol at a TD pass on the Int. Sure, if OSU’s safety reacts as if the Hall is thrown to the WR. If he actually sees the ball thrown, moves to the ball and plays the TE it’s a 20 yard completion. Fantasyland.

But, I guess we’ll know soon enough. Well maybe. I assume that if ODU’s defense throttles M for the 4th straight year then it will gave to be because of something - generically the Death Star isn’t fully operational or whatever that excuse is.

Comment

• I’ll say it again - I hate that Danny Davis went to a good B10 team,

Comment

Working...
                                X