Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...you forgot one...

Bye (Pick 'em) at Nebraska. Bye is undefeated and UNL is total dogshit. Bye's running game will be a handful for the Pinkshirts in this one and UNL can't run the ball on South Bammer how can they on the mighty Byesers? I'm taking Bye in this matchup 42-8.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The B10 is now probably 1 Ohio State loss away from getting shut out of the CFP -- again. It's a nice little ritual they have going.

I don't think Penn State can go undefeated. I don't think they'll ever let in Wisconsin, now. Georgia? Well, of course -- if they win the SEC. But, I think Wisky is done.

Either LSU or Alabama is going to finish 11-1 (IMO). If that happens then they are in over a 12-1 B10 champion. Zero question.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Two SEC, Clemson and a 1-loss conference champion from the Big XII or B1G. Don't see anyone close to worthy in the Pac.

Comment

• 11-1 UAT with only loss to LSU with an injured Tua is in over any other 1-loss team.

Comment

• What idiot thinks differently?

Comment

• I don't think there's anyone left on either Clemson's or Oklahoma's schedule that can or will beat them. They will be in unless they play a game Wisconsin v Illinois bad.

I feel confident that the winner between Bama v LSU will go on to win the SEC.

OSU is in because they will be undefeated. They will not face any real challenge this season until they get into the playoffs. They have the easiest path of all the contenders.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There is no conceivable way that Ohio State has an easier path than Clemson. Zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    There is no conceivable way that Ohio State has an easier path than Clemson. Zero.

Comment

• Its a close call.

The biggest challenge OSU has remaining is Wisconsin this weekend. Illinois showed that they're not as tough as advertised.

After that, you've got Penn State, that absolutely nobody is impressed with, in spite of their record, and Michigan, who hasn't played a decent game against OSU since the 90's.

I'll agree that Clemson has a remaining schedule that Alabama and The Nick would kill for, but the Buckeyes route isn't exactly daunting.

The first real challenge OSU will face will be in the playoffs.

The only possible hiccup that I see for OSU is if ND goes undefeated and the committee wants to see them in along with Clemson, Oklahoma and the SEC winner. What OSU needs is for the SEC champion to have one loss. In that case the committee could justify taking undefeated teams OSU, ND, Clemson and Oklahoma and leave out the SEC champion.

Which would cause Paul Finebaum to pull out the rest of his hair.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I stand corrected on ND's w/l record. I was thinking that they receive favorable consideration from the committee whenever they have a good record, and forgot about their Georgia loss.

We'll see how the rest of the season shakes out. I still maintain that OSU has a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way. Nothing they can't handle.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Can't dispute any of that.

Comment

• Clemson's toughest opponent in power rankings is 3-loss Texas A&M #27... Their next toughest is 4-loss South Carolina, #37... Says alot about the ACC that Clemson's two toughest opponents are 3+loss teams in another conference.

They'll reach the playoffs having not played anyone and it'll be pathetic if they lose a game and still are in. Of course they will play a lousy team in the ACC CG, probably Virginia who wouldn't touch the top half of the B1G, SEC or Big XII.

Comment

Working...
                                X