Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Meanwhile, the B10 has won the B10-ACC Challenge on day 1. They would have swept all 7 games if Purdue didn't hack up a 20 point lead in Miami. Cody Russell needs to answer for that embarrassment.

With 3 games cancelled (in all 3, the B10 would have been favored), there are only 4 left for tonight.

The B10 also has 10 teams in Lunardi's bracketology wi/ Minnesota on the bubble. Illinois, Iowa, Sparty and even Wisconsin are looking like legitimate FF teams. And the middle of the conference isn't half bad, either. It's going to be a fucking bloodbath in conference play.
    Classic Purdue. Huge lead at half and they choke. Zach Edey, a name people should become familiar with because he is a 7-4 beast, was in foul trouble....

B10 should be undefeated in the ACC-B10 Challenge this year!
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      They don’t know who they are serving. You would think they would want to do give everything they can to grease the tracks to allow the players to be able to play, but I truly think the stakeholders they were more interested in pleasing were the woke “shut everything down crowd.”

I also don’t think they liked being publicly questioned and embarrassed when they decided to shutter the season. So, working on a “See! Told you so!” was their driving motivation most of the season up until now. Just no need in making isolation periods more the double the CDC recs and delaying the season so long with little or no window for make-up dates. So, one is left with that obvious assumption.

But now, because Ohio State may miss the Big10 CG and possibly the CFP, they realize they have opened themselves up to even more indignation and ridicule so they are scrambling to do something, anything, to keep from looking like even bigger idiots. The problem is, by backtracking they know they will open themselves up to questions on their weak leadership (ie, if you can now undo rules with the wave of a hand -because they aren’t essential or that important to continue- why were they ever initiated in the first place, you feckless dingleberries?).
      Correct. I also tend to think there were political motives at play (especially when coupled w/ Biden's YT ad going after PDJT for B10 cancellation), but that's just my speculation. It's plain that they fell directly in line with "shut it all down crowd" and never, for a minute, considered they might be wrong. Until, that is, the public pressure grew to be too much.

It remains a terrible, terrible decision and one that has effectively crippled the B10 season. There was absolutely zero need to decide the issue on August 4.

And, again, you're right about who the B10 serves -- it's an athletic confernece. The schools have their own academic union. The B10 is an athletic conference. Athletics is what it does. Making it easier for its member schools to provide students with meaningful interscholastic athetlic opportunities is what it SHOULD do. Instead, the B10 worked directly against student-athletes at every turn and, what's worse, they did so in the most condescending technocratic elitist horseshit way -- "We know what's good for you." FUCK THE FUCK OFF.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

B10 should be undefeated in the ACC-B10 Challenge this year!
        Michigan would have lost and ruined it for everybody.

Comment

• Similar to a few years ago when the B10 was undefeated in college football bowl games except for Michigan?
          Michigan choked away a 19-3 2nd half lead to South Carolina....

Ah yes, always involves my teams...
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Exactly.
            Attached Files
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The way things have gone for the Corn People, I'm not sure they want any part of the Mighty Mocs.

Comment

• Can you make that bigger? I can't quite make it out.

Comment

• “Can you make that bigger?”

That’s what she said....wait a damn minute.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• heh
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So the B10 removed the 6-game thing. Bad decision iyam.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The undeserving TOSUC vs nFw in the CCG now.

Comment

• Just proves that the B1G is no more virtuous than any other conference on anything. They wanted to show the country and the CFB world how much more enlightened they are...setting up ridiculously difficult rules to follow and starting late...cancelling early...then during the season telling everyone "rules are rules"...but when it comes down to gobs of mula...it becomes "fuck the rules...they were silly"...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            Just proves that the B1G is no more virtuous than any other conference on anything. They wanted to show the country and the CFB world how much more enlightened they are...setting up ridiculously difficult rules to follow and starting late...cancelling early...then during the season telling everyone "rules are rules"...but when it comes down to gobs of mula...it becomes "fuck the rules...they were silly"...
                            All of that is true, but as things turned out, it only made sense to send OSU to the CCG as the East Champion. Indiana was in 2nd place all by themselves, and had lost the head-to-head to OSU. The OSU v M game actually meant nothing, except to those who love seeing their team run up 70 points on a hapless opponent. I suppose that's great entertainment in FlavorTown.

So, OSU will go to the CCG, as they should, and they will whallop NW.

In the playoffs they'll finally run into some teams that can give them a game.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Under the B10 rules, 5-1 was better than 5-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

All of that is true, but as things turned out, it only made sense to send OSU to the CCG as the East Champion. Indiana was in 2nd place all by themselves, and had lost the head-to-head to OSU. The OSU v M game actually meant nothing, except to those who love seeing their team run up 70 points on a hapless opponent. I suppose that's great entertainment in FlavorTown.

So, OSU will go to the CCG, as they should, and they will whallop NW.

In the playoffs they'll finally run into some teams that can give them a game.
                                Yes makes total sense but the hypocrisy is my issue. Stop acting like you are so much better but when it comes down to it...it's mula.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X