Clear All

• Hell he is 0-1 against Bo Pelini.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Patience has its rewards

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        Fickell is 0-2 against M as a HC.

If he goes to Madison, he's got some rebuilding to do.

And he won't be able to start on 3rd base.
        I completely blanked on the fact you guys had played Cincinnati fairly recently.

Comment

• Yep. A few years back he brought the Bearcats to Michigan Stadium. I think Harbaugh was in his 2nd or 3rd year or so.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Wonder if the Fickell hire means Wisconsin’s offense finally converts to the spread. Seems very weird considering their history… but hey, M converted from traditional to spread. It was strange for us at first.

I like the hire for Wisconsin. Fickell has more upside than Leonhard IMO. Whoever hires Leonhard as DC will get a quality coach.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• One of the names I've seen discussed for the Cincinnati job is Michigan DC Jesse Minter. It would make sense, as his father Rick was the head coach there from 1994 to 2003, and Jesse started his career there as a graduate assistant. I would like for Michigan to keep Minter if at all possible, but I doubt Minter would turn down what will be a Power Five head coaching job as of next season.
              Last edited by JRB; November 28, 2022, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Great hire for Wisconsin -- very very bizarre move for Fickell though. He could have had a much bigger job. Maybe he wants to cut his teeth with a smaller step up? Either way, I'm glad that we don't play Wiscy very often. Obviously, if OSU dumps Day some day, Fickell would be a great hire for them. I was hoping that he would either go to the NFL or end up at a "destination" program instead of OSU.
                Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2022, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Being a position coach or coordinator is way different than being a HC. Cincy would be taking a huge gamble that Jesse Minter could perform like a CEO at 39. If offered, I'd agree Minter would likely take it. While the names of all of M's coordinators over the last two years come up as the season comes to a close as leaving for either higher paying or HC jobs and Minter is among those names this season, I would think he needs more seasoning before he'd be appropriately considered for a HC job.

Anyway, M's coordinators are all really good - if M's performance over the last two years is an indicator, Harbaugh has put together one of the top coaching staffs in CFB. I think that reputation preceded him before he came to M. He purportedly put together great staffs at the University of San Diego and Stanford winning the Pioneer league at San Diego and posting a 12-1 record and an Orange Bowl win at the Cardinal. He's been a hot coaching commodity with a rep of hiring good coordinators (maybe not so much Brown or Gattis ) ever since with a brief dark period while at M that he quickly turned around.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 28, 2022, 08:06 AM.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jim Leonhard or another random Ravens assistant for M DC if that happens!

DJ Durkin, 1 and done.
                    Don Brown, 5 years of highs and lows.
                    Mike Macdonald, 1 and done.
                    Jesse Minter, ????
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Let's just assume the CFP selection seeding remains as it is as of yesterday - and there is a high probability of that happening, IMO. YMMV.

If that occurs and osu remains at #5, The Rose is talking about taking PSU instead of osu. Details at the link. But I like this part, "..... osu fans won't travel well (to Pasadena)."

That's because they are spoiled children having to eat some humble pie - not to mention the median income in ohio is a shade over $31K. Hell, that subsistence living that essentially rules out $2000 im RT tickets from columbus to LA/SF, a rental car or local carrier to Pasadena for $1000, hotel accommodations for a minimum of 3 nights at around $700 and that's at a cheap motel. food and beverages at $150/d .... let me get my calculator: that's in the neighborhood of $4150 and you haven't gotten into the game yet. Let's see ..... $300. Shit, if you're traveling with a partner, you can just about double the total. Let's call it an even $10k for two. That's enough to dissuade a shit ton of cheap osu fans earning subsistence levels of income.

Oh, wait. The Rose? How many players will elect not to play saving themselves from injury and spoiling the jackpot at the end of the rainbow. Yeah, I can see with the Rose Committee is looking at other alternatives. PSU would be a good one. At least the won their last game.

https://theathletic.com/3953770/2022...te-ohio-state/
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 30, 2022, 09:22 PM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ohio State has been to Rose 2 of last 4 and played Washington before. Ohio State is the party pushing to go to the Orange. That’s what’s happening.

And, yes, I make $31k. Just lucky to find a meal.
                        Last edited by iam416; November 30, 2022, 09:28 PM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, that's nice .... sure, osu is driving the boat as far as the Rose Committee is concerned. Lol! .......that goes right along with the rationalization of osu getting curb stomped at the hands of M, "aside from the 5 big plays last Saturday osu played well and would have won without those."

Look, I'm going to milk this as long as I can. It may not last.

More Lol for all the unfounded, guess work and laughable wagering here on who's in and who isn't. This is solid. Trust me:

CFP NC.jpg

CFP Semis.jpg

NY6.jpg

Comment

• Oh man. The thought of OSU closing out the season with another loss to Clemson would just be the icing on the cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Oh man. The thought of OSU closing out the season with another loss to Clemson would just be the icing on the cake.
                              Does Clemson have any players named "Bauman?"
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Georgia lays 4.5 against Michigan? Holy crap lay the points.

Also -- I think that I'd lay 5.5 against TCU.

Comment

Working...
                                X