Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Tainted...I think you'll enjoy this video of a Baton Rouge radio host going off on the B1G elitists, Desmond Howard, Kellerman, Wilbon, etc...

https://youtu.be/PJ6pqmknHKk
    This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Yeah.. For some reason I'm felling like having chicken wings and a Sazerac for lunch today.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        STFU
        Studebaker transmission feels unusual?
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• shaddup
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• New B1G Trophy for the Huskers-Buckeyes series..

Attached Files
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Funny video RE: Huskers-Bucknutz
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• STFU
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• no
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• WTF, Nebraska? Moos is detached from reality. Will someone break the news to him that 7 Big Ten teams will travel for road games on 10/24.

Forde-Yard Dash: Nebraska's Schedule Complaints Show How Far Huskers Have Fallen

FIRST QUARTER: NEBRASKA NEEDS A HUG

You’ve really got to hand it to Nebraska (1) for finally figuring out where it stands in the football hierarchy. The Cornhuskers are just a piece of background furniture, part of the scenery, another mediocre program out there trying to scrape its way to bowl eligibility for the first time in four years. They have been a subpar member of the Big Ten, and they’ve finally overcome their own institutional arrogance long enough to acknowledge it.

Athletic director Bill Moos (2) said this to local reporters Saturday, after the conference released its third (and please, Lord, final) 2020 football schedule: “I’ve got a good football team with a great football coach that deserves a break here or there to start getting back on track to being a contender in the Big Ten West.”

Nebraska coach Scott Frost (3) said in August, while passive-aggressively ruminating on secession from the league for the season: “We want to play a Big Ten schedule.” Now here is Moos in September, after a bloody but successful fight to have a fall season: Uh, not that Big Ten schedule.

Yep, Nebraska is looking for pity points. The lil’ Cornhuskers need a break. “Deserve” a break, even. They want an easier schedule than they got because they just haven’t been able to compete, and playing Ohio State (4) and Penn State (5) is just not fairrrrrrrr.

Never mind that Ohio State and Penn State were on Nebraska’s original schedule, and the conference simply took one opponent off of each team’s original nine-game league slate to come up with the current plan. The opponent the Huskers lost was Rutgers, which takes away a victory — but if Nebraska thought it was going to get that break it wants (deserves!) after five bellicose weeks that included eight players suing the league, they might be a wee bit delusional in Lincoln.

Commissioner Kevin Warren (6) has heard enough out of Nebraska for this lifetime.

You know who else plays both Ohio State and Penn State this season? And Michigan? And in fact does it every season? Michigan State does. And Indiana. And Maryland. And Rutgers. Nebraska has spent the previous six seasons playing in the easier of the Big Ten’s two divisions, the West, which has won a grand total of zero league championship games since the current alignment started in 2014.

Despite playing in the easier division, Nebraska’s conference record in that time has been 23-29. Poor guys really do need — wait, deserve — a break.

But Moos wasn’t just complaining about playing what might be the two best teams in the Big Ten. He was also complaining about the order of the games. Ohio State is the opener, on the road, and you would not believe the horrors travel apparently presents to Nebraska.

“First time we’re on a charter aircraft, first time we’re in a hotel, first time everybody on the sidelines has masks on, first time with electronic whistles, everything’s going to be new,” Moos said. “I didn’t feel that had to happen.”

Poor things.

First time on a charter aircraft? Incredible difficulty there. But thank god it’s not commercial. The hardship there would be way too much for a Nebraska athlete. (Except all the non-revenue ones who are used to it.)

First time in a hotel? Here is a surprise hurdle. It would seem possible — perhaps even likely — that all the Nebraska players have some familiarity with hotels. If they need help with the key cards, have athletic support staffers hold their hands and show them how they work. The elevators could pose another immense challenge — but, hey, Scott Frost has just over a month to coach his guys up on what all the buttons do.

“I don’t want to come across as the champion complainer,” Moos said, having come across as exactly that, earning a rare Big Ten championship for the Huskers. “I’m going to protect my school and what is fair. … I wasn’t just going to sit around and listen and get kicked around. I’ll never do that. They knew I wasn’t pleased.”

Now you may think that of all years, in all leagues, in the midst of a pandemic and with so many campuses dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks, complaining about the difficulty of a football schedule would come across as a smidge tone deaf. But please understand: it is vital that the Big Ten knows that Nebraska Is Not Pleased. When the ninth-best football program in the conference is unhappy, that can weigh on everyone. Endeavor to persevere.
                    Last edited by Mike; September 21, 2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• No sympathy to the Huskerz. If they want an easier schedule go back to the Big XII. They'll make less money, but they'll get more wins.

Or, they could employ the guy that makes Alabama's schedules.

Comment

• Moos needs to STFU. The 6 division games are and were set in stone. OSU is one of our protected crossovers...so the only variable in our schedule is PSU and they come to Lincoln.

Shut the fuck up and play. FWIW most Husker fans I know are embarrassed by the whining. Just play football and shut the fuck up. In 1995 we played 4 Top 10 teams. You wanna try to get back to the glory days...START WINNING AND STOP WHINING.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          No sympathy to the Huskerz. If they want an easier schedule go back to the Big XII. They'll make less money, but they'll get more wins.

Or, they could employ the guy that makes Alabama's schedules.
                          Alabama’s schedule during the Saban years has a SoS of 7th. Michigan’s during the same timeframe has a SoS of 22nd.

So, maybe they need M’s schedule maker?
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Alabama’s schedule during the Saban years has a SoS of 7th. Michigan’s during the same timeframe has a SoS of 22nd.

So, maybe they need M’s schedule maker?
                            I knew that would stir that Bama heart of yours ....

Comment

• I’m in a mood. IOS 14 is glitching.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, at least you have a good reason

Comment

Working...
                                X