No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feldman had said that UCLA and USC reached out to the big ten months ago.

USC had been reluctant because this would mean leaving UofC setup they have. The reason for leaving is the disparity of dollars between P12 and Big Ten.

If they come to the Big Ten that is huge for the Big ten brand. This would push to 16 teams. Would think you would get 8 teams in each division. 7 games on division. 3 against other division.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I remember back in the 80s when UNL beat the bejesus out of UCLA several times. Perhaps FROSTY!!!! could start that tradition back up. Or, perhaps, the tradition of not sucking goat anus.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• USC had been reluctant because this would mean leaving UofC setup they have
        UCLA, not USC.

And, yes, it's $$$$$$. To paraphrase SC message board fans...."I'm sick of USC making $20M less per year than Minnesota"

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
          Feldman had said that UCLA and USC reached out to the big ten months ago.

USC had been reluctant because this would mean leaving UofC setup they have. The reason for leaving is the disparity of dollars between P12 and Big Ten.

If they come to the Big Ten that is huge for the Big ten brand. This would push to 16 teams. Would think you would get 8 teams in each division. 7 games on division. 3 against other division.
          They'll abolish divisions entirely or it'll be like Leaders/Legends again. It won't be geography based. Like I said, they aren't joining in order to play Iowa, Illinois, and Minnesota all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            I remember back in the 80s when UNL beat the bejesus out of UCLA several times. Perhaps FROSTY!!!! could start that tradition back up. Or, perhaps, the tradition of not sucking goat anus.
            Makes it easier for Frosty to restart Dr. Tom's cocaine-laced pipeline to Southern California!

Comment

• Californians for Nebraska! Pedarasts for Nebraska!

Comment

• Just.. Stop.. Please.

Comment

• Some reports saying this is a done deal saying that there could be a press conference tonight!
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    ...or Rutgers v UCLA...mmmmm baby
                    Heh. I texted some friends that I can't wait for UCLA - Rutgers.

Comment

• Pete Thamel --, yes, PETE THAMEL! -- says this is essentially done.

Comment

• I hope to fucking god the first "New" B10 game is a Big Noon game with M at UCLA.

Comment

• We're also moving closer to the B10 and SEC basically telling the entire collegiate sports world to eat giant bowl of rhino dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I hope to fucking god the first "New" B10 game is a Big Noon game with M at UCLA.
                            If/when UM and OSU play at UCLA, I predict it will be 60% fans of the road team.

Comment

• If this happens, I think its great. Next step is tiered CFB - two tiers and two leagues among the top tier teams.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

If/when UM and OSU play at UCLA, I predict it will be 60% fans of the road team.
                                60%? UCLA barely fills 40% with no market competition. Closer to 118%. Plus, when it's a 9am local kickoff, only B10 dunderfucks will be silly enough to traipse out to Pasadena for that!

Comment

Working...
                                X