Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why M -- the beacon of utmost integrity -- fired CS if there's "no evidence" he did anything wrong. I'm really puzzling through that.
    There is lots of evidence CS did something wrong. However, there has been NO evidence that the UM staff knew about his activities. NONE.

The assumption everyone is making is that UM paid for the tickets and the "associates" that CS used. This has not only not been proven, but the NCAA has affirmatively stated that Harbaugh knew nothing of the scheme.

It is entirely possible that CS financed this scheme by himself. He is reportedly worth $ 5 million and his parents are worth way more than that. IF CS financed this himself, that would affect Harbaugh's culpability.

But what is an absolute fact is that we don't know the answers to many questions. Let's do discovery and find out what the fact situation really is.

Comment

• Still nothing?!

B1G is really waiting until M is mid flight or just landed to drop this news… what a bunch of bitches.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Geezer:

I don't have a problem with that argument, but two points. CS was M Staff. And NCAA rules make JH responsible for all Staff, whether he knew or not.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Heh.

He really is comedic gold. It's a shame, Mike, that you can't fully appreciate it given he's sort of hosing you. But, rarely has a character come around that has been so funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Still nothing?!

B1G is really waiting until M is mid flight or just landed to drop this news… what a bunch of bitches.
              HARBAUGH***** will be coaching against PSU. After that? I dunno.

Comment

• Comment

Geezer:

I don't have a problem with that argument, but two points. CS was M Staff. And NCAA rules make JH responsible for all Staff, whether he knew or not.
                  Yup. All true. Lack of institutional control and all that. I get it.

And if "conviction" of violating NCAA rules is dispositive, then let the NCAA handle the punishment. That is all anyone here wants. Why the rush?

Well, because the NCAA doesn't dare punish big-time schools for violations. Bill Self was caught on an FBI tape offering D. Aynton $ 250,000 to come to Kansas for his one year playing college basketball. 5 level 1 violations and no punishment after a six-year "investigation". Self signed a new contract just this week.

UM is a multi-million dollar brand (eg, which school was chosen to have the first "Jumpman") and the brand is taking a beating over these allegations. That is what Ohio wants, and what UM wants to avoid.

What we have here is a case analogous to the Trump civil fraud case in NYC. New York's AG is going to get a judgment in a kangaroo court that takes the Trump Organization's business away in NY. I doubt if you or anyone else thinks that such a judgment will hold up on appeal because what Trump did in overvaluing his properties is something about 95% of all Sellers/Borrowers do. But the Dems don't really care about the equities of the situation because destroying the Trump brand is the goal, not taking some property.

In the UM case, OSU and Rutgers, in particular, want to destroy the M brand. They want to humiliate Harbaugh. That is why they are pushing this form of mob rule because they know that the NCAA takes forever and doesn't punish even actual Level 1 violations. "Get the conviction now" is the mantra because, indeed, everyone does it, and that may be what UM argues. I hope they do because it is true and provable.

And then we come to the "why" of the ESPN promotion of the story. ESPN lost B10 football, so damaging the conference is nothing to them. Harbaugh was asked a couple of years back what he would tell a football player who came to him telling JH that the player's girlfriend was pregnant and they were going to have an abortion. JH said he would advise the couple to have the baby and that JH and his family would raise the baby, "We have lots of room." From that point, JH has fought off cancellation by the social justice mob.

The B10 should fine JH the maximum ($10,000) and then leave it to the NCAA.

Comment

• Well, it sure looks like the B10 is going to punt on this one....so a big win for M!!!!

And I weep for Penn State....holy fucking hell are they going to obliterate them.

Comment

• Evansville hoops dunking on Michigan Men.

A national punchline

Comment

• It’s funny. People think it’s silly and are having fun with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

UM is a multi-million dollar brand (eg, which school was chosen to have the first "Jumpman") and the brand is taking a beating over these allegations. That is what Ohio wants, and what UM wants to avoid.
                          And that's all they've got. Desperate HOPE that they'll be able to nail Michigan - for something- and constant babbling, with profane adjectives, about how they "cheated" - worse than anybody else- as if repeating it makes people believe them. It's all quite shameful how hollow the Scarlet and Gray evil empire has become. Woody would slap them upside the head, Earl Bruce is rolling over in his grave and Tressel and Urbs are shaking their heads about how big of a douche CRD is.

Comment

Well, it sure looks like the B10 is going to punt on this one....so a big win for M!!!!

And I weep for Penn State....holy fucking hell are they going to obliterate them.
                            And punt they should. Going straight to punishment while an NCAA investigation is already in progress is in violation of their own rules. If they don't like the final result of what the NCAA does to Michigan and Harbaugh, they can add penalties of their own. 2024 will be a great season to do that, because Michigan is going to be horrible anyway.

And weep not for PSU. I'm getting the opposite feeling.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Gonna suspend HARBAUGH**** from the sidelines but not during week. Meh.

Comment

• Horeshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X