• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet either tomorrow or game time.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      Yes sir!!

Anyone want to guess when we'll learn who the starting QB is?

I say it will be announced on Friday evening, along about 6:00 pm...
      Thursday is when it seems to be the tradition to make the announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Thursday is when it seems to be the tradition to make the announcement.
        Ya mean it's not Speight?:D
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• help us all if its Speight.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Definitely disappointing that it's Speight.

Comment

• Speight will be practicing as the #1 this week, allegedly....

O'Korn makes too many critical mistakes that he hasn't improved upon since the Spring. O'Korn has the higher upside but critical turnovers are the easiest way to lose close games.

Comment

• I'm hoping Speight, if he is the man, turns out to start better in 2016 than Ruddock did in 2015 and gets as good or hopefully better than Ruddock was at the end of the season.

There is so little to know about Speight but I've seen lots of film of O'Korn and he does make some bone-headed plays. I agree with you, WM, it's probably this factor, the mental side of it, where Speight has moved ahead.

I think its a Harbaugh trait to put guys in, in any position, that he thinks are the toughest and play smart. The numbers do tell us that no turnovers on O, along with explosiveness, make for the most efficient offenses. Just wondering if the coaches think that they've got a decent, if not explosive (I have a hard time seeing that) run game coming up. That would seem to make sense if you're going to put a low risk, if he is that, QB like Speight in the game.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If O'Korn commits 4-5 turnovers at the worst time, that's the difference in 1-3 wins. QB's mistakes change an entire game's momentum and points away from their offense; e.g. Devin Gardner.

Info re: Speight came from reliable 247 sports insider.

Comment

• Speight will not win us the B1G. OL and RBs aren't good enough.

Comment

• Ever the optimist, Hanni.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        Ever the optimist, Hanni.
                        I tend to agree with Hanni.

I'd caveat that with the proviso that we've not seen the 2016 run game yet. Based on last years run game, yeah.

Backs have to get to the second level and have the speed to separate to produce explosive plays.

Smith tends to be a pounder. He's tough to tackle but he doesn't have that burst speed. Isaac? Don't know. Apparently Evans has skills or rumors of him being #3 wouldn't have surfaced but who knows what those are. In this recruiting film he looks a lot like Isaac in terms of frame and is featured as a pass catching back more than a RB in this:

[ame]https://youtu.be/-lMjPmQt7Wg[/ame]

Comment

• O'Korn will get his opportunity. Speight is a poor man's John Navarre.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The QB battle will continue for the first couple games, O'Korn should a chance to play in the second half of those games. Hopefully Shane Morris does too.

Comment

• The competition can go on for the first 8 games.

Comment

• Brandon Peters will be burning his redshirt in week 8 in East Lansing.

Comment

Working...
                                X