Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With blue chippers likely, we won't have room for Ifeatu Melifonwu.

Comment

• If we don't have room for Ifeatu, that's good news, as it would mean we hit on a lot of the other targets. Still good to get Iffy, however.

Comment

• Oliver Martin commits to M.

Now if Nico commits to M, that will be 4 of the top 28 WRs of the 2017 recruiting class according to 247. Awesome.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Really just two spots left, M has passed a couple recruits they've wanted already so I expect one of the spots is spoken for...

Solomon is either telling everyone wrong info or were in a great spot with him.

Comment

• Ben Mason is targeted for fullback isn't he?

Though a longshot, M really needs Newsome to make miraculous/better than expected progress over the next few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
              By position group:

QB: B+
              RB: C+
              WR: TBD, could be an A+ if those two both sign and probably still an A- with just one...
              OT: C-
              OG/C: B+

DT: TBD
              DE: A
              LB: A
              CB: B+
              S: B

I probably like our defensive ends more than others (high numbers there help the grade too); not sure where some of the SDE/3T's will land but Aubrey Solomon would allow me to give DT an A...

RB is a position where one player who exceeds expectations can turn a mediocre position group into a very good one.
              I was absolutely floored to see that Luiji Villain got all the way up to 56 overall on the composite. He was a borderline top100 guy when her committed.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Martin goes blue.

Comment

• Martin is a really nice pickup. Kept him away from our rivals.

Comment

• While I believe the staff wants both Collins and Martin, I believe the Martin commit pushes Collins Out. Too crowded at wr.
                    Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• If M misses out on the rest of their targets, im still really impressed with the class. Love me some Luiji Vilain, Drew Singleton, and Ambry Thomas. Solomon would be an excellent addition (still think he's all Alabama). The D shouldn't have any problem being badass moving into the future.
                      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• I don't think that it pushes out Collins. It might be that the staff know that he's not coming. Either way it's a logjam at receiver.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; January 31, 2017, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• I like that he didn't wait until NSD to create drama and get attention.
                          Last edited by Rocky Bleier; January 31, 2017, 08:40 AM.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The one thing I notice from M's class is that they were saved from themselves at OL. I really, really think that taking 7 or 8 OL in any class is a mistake. It's far, far better to take 5 this year and 5 next year, IMO. Even out the distribution. You typically carry 15-17 OL. I don't think you want close to half of that allotment in a single class.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Part of Harbaugh's recruiting pitch to Collins is that he won't be competing with Martin, who is more of a slot candidate. Collins will compete with Peoples-Jones and Black on the outside. I'm looking forward to a terrific passing game.

C- is a bit harsh for our offensive tackles, given that Filiaga is a high 4 star, and Steuber and Honigford look good.

Comment

Working...
                              X