Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah but Denard has just a year of eligibility left, so we'd need to find another QB who overthrows his targets.

Comment

• Of Strobel, Wormley and Godin, at least 1 of them will be a DT and potentially two of the three.

Comment

• If the position switches are true (a big assumption), here is what M has left, 4 scholarships:

2 WR, & 2 BRA (CB/S/OL/RB)...

M will certainly take 2 receivers... AJ Williams might've taken an OL spot that could've went to Jordan Diamond or another OL target but if a 5-star OL wants to come aboard like Garnett/Banner...

M will have 2 scholarships left to take the BPA; they could take any 2 of Bri'onte Dunn/Wes Brown, Garnett/Diamond, Yuri Wright/Shaw Thompson)...

FWIW I have very little respect for Ace's ability to evaluate recruits, his thoughts on Drake don't mean much of anything to me...

Comment

• Everything that I hear about a potential move inside for Wormley is bad.

Comment

• Watching Trent Richardson bulldoze potential tacklers last Sat. made me wonder how many years has it been since we had a RB like that.
            Last edited by hodgkal; November 8, 2011, 03:39 PM. Reason: error

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
              That was all very impressive and the most Pioneer football I've watched since I went there.

Whomever said he looks more like 5'11", 190 instead of his listed 6'1", 215 that must mean all of those other kids are tiny because he sure looked a lot bigger than most of them.

Hopefully, he's a steal.

Comment

• Looks to me like Ace nailed it -- when he's cutting his feet slow down a ton in that video. And there was also the handshake tackle early on in the footage...

Comment

• He doesn't run with good pad level and is pretty much a one-cut kind of runner. I'm reminded of Justin Fargas.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                    He doesn't run with good pad level and is pretty much a one-cut kind of runner. I'm reminded of Justin Fargas.
                    I'd take another Justin Fargas.

Comment

• Absolutely!

Comment

• Carlos brown? Justin Fargas? Some fourth string WR whose name you've lOng forgotten. Whatevs.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Agree with a lot of the criticisms (runs too upright, cuts are below average, doesn't use his power enough if he's truly 200+ lb's, looks smaller than most LB"ers he's facing so I think he's closer to 5'11"/190) , tough to read too much into anyones accounts till I hear an analysts whose opinion I respect thats seen him more than a game this season.

Comment

• Pharaoh Brown reporting he's going to be a tight end when he arrives in Ann Arbor, not really a surprise. He was excellent as a receiver against some of the top cornerbacks in the midwest. M really loaded up on DE's this class (Wormley, Strobel, Godin, Ojemudia) and signed enough LB'ers that it wouldn't surprise me to see one grow into a rush end...

This gives M 3 TE's in this recruiting class, a bit excessive but numbers there are really down with that position an afterthought to RR. AJ Williams slated for now as a TE but could easily move inside to the OL. Watch his weight when he arrives next summer, if he's near 285, hard to see him as anything other as an offensive lineman.

Comment

• Wasn't there some speculation that Ojemudia may become a LB?
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Excuse me if I just overlooked it, but is Drake Johnson a part of the '12 or the '13 recruiting class---I don't see him listed yet, either, on the top of the opening page of this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X