Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will definitely be a trying time for young Mr. Kalis this fall semester. But, when he enrolls at Michigan, and joins the finest college athletic program of all time, those memories will fade. The first time he runs out of that tunnel, wearing the winged helmet and hearing 115,000 Michigan fans cheering for him, he will never remember those things again.

Schmucknut fans have nobody to blame but themselves. Jim Tressel was hired to do ONE thing, and ONE thing ONLY at OLieO. He was hired to beat Michigan. He gave them their scoreboards. They didn't care if he was doing it legally, ethically, morally, or with integrity. They just wanted the "W"'s. They got them.

So now, today .. what are those "W"s doing for them? The answer is, nothing. Absolutely nothing. All that time invested, all that cheering, .. all that hope placed in one man, who made fools of all of them.

But hey, .. cheer up OlieO fans ... Urban Meyer is on the way, and all will be well then, ... right?
    Last edited by lineygoblue; July 10, 2011, 08:11 PM.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Urban Meyer has too much class to ever coach at ohio.

Comment

• John Cooper is tanned, rested and ready.

Comment

• MaxPreps covers high school sports in every state across the country. Find schedules, rosters, stats, rankings and more of your high school team.

Currently the #1 recruiting class at maxpreps...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Urban Meyer has too much class to ever coach at ohio.
            Class or no class, it'll more likely be family and/or health issues and/or the desire to be the "next Jon Gruden" (i.e.: well-paid-by-the-networks-but name-mentioned-for-every-coaching-job-out-there-therefore-enhancing-my-bargaining-position-with-those-networks)...that decide whether Mr. Meyer becomes the next head schmucknut.

Keep in mind that he has reportedly long held the desire to coach at U of M or ND or o-Lie-o, even reportedly having wording in his contracts to allow for the opportunity to jump.

Comment

• I think the chances are better than 80% that Meyer will coach OLieO. His little foray into the SEC trained him well for the qualities that OLieO now looks for in its coaches. He will give them the next version of the "pride" speech.

Comment

• Buckeye fans are convinced he'll go there to save them... FWIW I did find it weird when interviewed, Urban repeated he wasn't interested in the OSU job 'this fall.' He's originally from Ohio so chances are he's a Buckeye.

Comment

• Meyer's availability depends on his health. He left Florida because his doctor told him he had to de-stress. He has some serious medical issues.

Now, if he can get his medical stuff under control, then I believe he would come back.

Comment

• WM Wolverine: I appreciate your Maxprep link. Any chance of posting links to some other rating services' team rankings?

Comment

• Very, very early for team rankings. One reason M is ranked so high is that they've received so many 'early' commits relative to others. Quantity matters more than quality in terms of recruiting rankings so lots of programs rankings will improve when they add commits...

Anyway, M is going to land a top 10 class with a chance to land in the top 5 depending more on how others do as opposed to how M does the rest the way. The ranking doesn't matter much as long as M fills its needs.

Comment

• The ranking doesn't matter much as long as M fills its needs.
                        Exactly. Adding top talent in the areas of need is what is most important. So far, Coach Hoke and his staff are doing just that.

Comment

• I wouldn't be afraid of Urban Meyer. Michigan already beat him when he had Jesus at quarterback.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• True. In fact, I think that last TWO times that Michigan played against Meyer, they beat him. And, Michigan now has the DC that was with Meyer at the time.

If Meyer comes to Columbus as I expect him to, he'll trot out the same Pied Piper act that Tressel did, and will probably fool many youngsters to follow him there.

But, he's going to have to deal with scholarship limits for as many as 2-3 years, which gives Hoke and his staff plenty of time to put some space between Michigan and OlieO.

And Jamie is correct about Meyer's health issues. He might get his doctor's clearance to coach again, but how long does that last? There's going to be pressure on him to win like he's never faced in his life. Who's to say that his health issues might not return?
                            Last edited by lineygoblue; July 11, 2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Meyer's not going back to football. If he does, it will be with less of the fire that made him a success at Florida.

Comment

• I'm hoping fickle does just enough to keep his job ...... while the rest of his staff gets hired out from underneath him, seeing no job security with him, taking jobs at other programs that have a chance of doing well, maybe in January of 2012 or so. That would be nice.

No matter what, the shit storm around osu's football program that is going to get revived in October, regardless of how fickel does in his debut, is going to make a big hire in the December time frame very hard for the bucks.

A big name coach would have to have a huge set of balls to leave a program he's probably done well at to earn that rep and head to c-bus. It could happen but it isn't going to be Urban Meyer. I see osu getting a below the radar coach like tressel was when he was hired if fickel doesn't survive.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X