Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Morgan emerging now, he will probably hold onto that job to start next year.

Comment

• Bolden was in my view a solid top 150 recruit all along, no surprise with him... With Jake Ryan and Desmond Morgan at LB, M doesn't need help early so they have the potential to redshirt those that aren't going to make instant impacts; something M hasn't been able to do enough of the last 5-6 years...

JT Floyd & Ryan Van Bergen are good examples of players who are showing how valuable redshirts are; M is going to get 2 good seasons out of JT Floyd (Jr & Sr) instead of just one... Ryan Van Bergen is going to be an All Big Ten player as a rs senior, if they didn't redshirt him he would've had a rather ordinary career...

Desperate need for M is DL, mostly DT's. M needs early contributions from guys like Ondre Pipkens, Kenny Wilkins, Richard Ash, Chris Rock, Quinton Washington (practice reports on him aren't positive) from the interior defensive line to replace Mike Martin, Ryan Van Bergen, Heininger... Will Campbell being starter material as a senior would be a pleasant surprise and give the young guys another year to get ready...

DE I'm less worried about, short-term they are okay; Craig Roh has another year and Jibreel Black, Frank Clark look like promising talents and Brennan Beyer & potentially another LB could grow into a DE. Nice talent coming in at this spot in '12 (Ojemudia whom I feel is underrated) so long-term worry is very little...

Courtney Avery isn't a good fit in Mattison's defense, corners in his defense need very good speed and excel in man coverage. Avery would be terrific in a cover 2 type system but in Mattison's defense he needs to get bigger and be more physical and grow into a free safety or just merely be a nickelback that covers slot receivers.

Comment

• I wasn't sure if Dunn would be buying a ticket for The Game, don't know if he's used his official visit yet...

re: Ojemudia, imo part of the reason that allowed Pharaoh Brown to move to TE was Ojemudia and his play at DE. He's not going to be physically ready to play B10 football next season but he's got tremendous explosiveness that make him worthy of a 4th star in my book...

Comment

• Magnuson - "USC is recruiting me a lot and some other schools but I'm not going anywhere. I'm committed to Michigan and that's where I'm going"

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• More reasons why I'd like to see an early signing period in football. There's no reason to put kids thru all that stuff when they know where they want to go.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Pharaoh Brown is visiting Oregon....
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't think there's much there to worry about. He's out there accompanying a friend of his who is interested in the Ducks.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  More reasons why I'd like to see an early signing period in football. There's no reason to put kids thru all that stuff when they know where they want to go.

I think it's a god thing Liney, many poor kids have never traveled away from home.
                  For example, I met a nurse at the University of Florida Sports Medicine Facility in Gainsville that had never traveled south to Miami!?! Same state, modern modes of travel, remarkable.

That's 4 1/2 hours by car, if you are Traveling with the The Prime, I can shave almost an hour off that, but it takes a 12-cylinder European Sedan to hual ass.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

I don't think there's much there to worry about. He's out there accompanying a friend of his who is interested in the Ducks.
                    Hoke has taken the position previously that if you take visits he doesn't consider your commitment valid.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Hoke has taken the position previously that if you take visits he doesn't consider your commitment valid.
                      Well, then I suppose that could be a problem for Brown. It'll be interesting to see if Hoke makes any new offers to other prospects.

Comment

• Not to get too excited here, but I have seen a report from a source that I trust about 50/50, .. that Brionte Dunn just committed to Michigan.

Again, this source is only right about 50% of the time, so for now, I'd take it with a grain of salt. But he's claiming its true.

Would be great if its true.

Comment

Not to get too excited here, but I have seen a report from a source that I trust about 50/50, .. that Brionte Dunn just committed to Michigan.

Again, this source is only right about 50% of the time, so for now, I'd take it with a grain of salt. But he's claiming its true.

Would be great if its true.
                          Would make an already amazing day even better!
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Great news (if true), not too much confidence in the RB's behind Toussaint: Hopkins, Rawls, J Hayes.

Comment

• Facebook stalkers are saying he committed.

Comment

• I'm considering Hayes a WR from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                                X