This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the haters?

HARBAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Another member of the 3 star mafia has committed... George Johnson III, undersized WR who runs a4.72 40 time. Meanwhile, Devonte Dobbs chose MSU. He and Logan Brown were big losses in-state.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Dobbs will be interesting to watch. Obviously terrible to miss out on two instate elite prospects at your most troublesome position.

Comment

• Yayyy more three star detritus for whom 8-4 would be overachievement.

Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          Another member of the 3 star mafia has committed... George Johnson III, undersized WR who runs a4.72 40 time. Meanwhile, Devonte Dobbs chose MSU. He and Logan Brown were big losses in-state.
          Yup. Huge losses. OSU and MSU can rest easy knowing that the era of Michigan being their prison bitch has at least another decade left. At this point, barring a miracle, it's permanent for OSU and The Game is basically Brown Jug 2.0
          Last edited by Hannibal; June 26, 2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Charbonnet's got more moves than a roach in a bowl of cereal. Mike Hart but bigger and faster.

Comment

• The Game is basically Brown Jug 2.0
              To avoid use of the second iteration, I propose "The Don Brown Jug" -- which accurately captures the state of affairs. An out-recruited M team trying to pull of a win on the strength of Don Brown's endlessly "all-in" defensive scheme.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh, this is a Michigan recruiting thread.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                It's a pretty hilarious thread(s). Good way to spend some of my lunch hour. I like the guy guaranteeing he'll be a 4* once people see his film. He also plays at least level down from the best football in Ohio. I will say HARBAUGH!!!! is getting more Ohio kids these days. And maybe he'll end up getting one OSU offers.

That said, he may be an ideal "viper" fit.
                Joey Velazquez, one of Michigan's lowest rated commits (see https://247sports.com/college/michig...otball/Commits), was a baseball only recruit until recently. So it's not unreasonable to think that his ranking may change now that he's planning to play college football.

Comment

• Velazquez is a nice enough player, but he is a 3*. His rating may uptick more toward higher 3*, but that's what he is (IMO).
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Velasquez is a 3 because of his size, but he does fit the Viper position well, and I think he'll be a fan favorite. Strikes me as a high character type, but there is a reason he didn't have an osu offer. He'll do fine versus Purdue, Northwestern, Rutgers, etc., but he'll probably not fare as well against elite athletes.

I wouldn't mind taking some of these 3 star players who are development projects if the roster was so deep as to be able to afford the luxury of time. My question once again this year is whether these players are the best M could hope for at this time. Why fill up on 3 stars in June? We all know that offer lists can be deceiving, so I'm not really sure what to make of these recruits except that no one as of yet has deemed them 4 or 5 stars.

Comment

• There's no arguing with the reality that stars correlate highly with getting drafted by an NFL team after 3-5y playing college level FB. Of course, there are exceptions but not enough to make a sweeping generality that HARBAUGHH!!! knows how to scout and develop talent; trust in Harbaugh (the mgoboard line).

I think it curious that M misses out on instate prospects like OTs Logan brown and DeVonte Dobbs in a position of need. Why did they not choose M? There's been speculation that the shit-storm that was the OL under Drevno et. al, cast a long shadow of doubt about the level of coaching an incoming player would have to prepare him for the NFL. I suppose Ed Warinner could change that over time but I think there is more to it that just the Drevno affect. Missing on elite recruits to me, is a symptom of a poorly designed and coordinated recruiting program. It could also signal the same old shit that afflicted Michigan under LC in his post NC season in 96 ..... the "we're Michigan" stuff. M is getting out recruited on these elite guys it seems to me. If you want to play in the NFL, Harbaugh runs an offense like you'd want to play in if you have NFL aspirations so, that leaves getting beaten by recruiters from other programs who want these guys.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• M wasn't recruiting Dobbs(and Dobbs never was interested either)and brown doesn't like Harbaugh.

Plus Dobbs is gonna be a G anyway.

Comment

• They tried to patch it up with Dobbs after missing out on every other OT, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            M wasn't recruiting Dobbs(and Dobbs never was interested either)and brown doesn't like Harbaugh.

Plus Dobbs is gonna be a G anyway.
                            There is no way either Urban Meyer or Nick Saban lose both the 10th and 13th recruits in the nation if they were in-state players. Four 3 star players are not more valuable than Two 5 star players.

The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal observations, film evaluation and input from our network of scouts.

Comment

• M early had higher priorities at OT than Dobbs (he's overrated), and I think that could've affected his recruitment... Missing out on Brown really stings but like The Oracle said, he just didn't mesh withHarbaugh...

Comment

• The reasons to stay away from Dobbs seemed legit and reasonable back when maybe there was a hope of landing any other worthwhile OT. Past failures don't make Dobbs a better player. We'll see how he turns out, and whether the staff was right to be wary of him to start. It sure would be nice to grab some lauded talent, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X