Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really think he is a guard. I think he'll be a very good guard, but those aren't quite as valuable as OTs.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post

There is no way either Urban Meyer or Nick Saban lose both the 10th and 13th recruits in the nation if they were in-state players. Four 3 star players are not more valuable than Two 5 star players.

The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal observations, film evaluation and input from our network of scouts.

They obviously have different recruiting philosophies than Harbaugh.

Comment

• I suspect they share a philosophy that goes something like this: Just Win! Then again, neither of them makes $9 million per year.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Saban makes more than $9 million.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I see that now. He must be exceedingly happy every time Harbaugh gets a raise.

Comment

• Michigan has done very well in Michigan lately, for God's sake (as Brady would say). Now we're doing better in Ohio. The bottom line is wins and losses, and last year was a down year, but 8-5 is not 3-9. Harbaugh changed his approach and is now more low key. The recruiting sleepovers and so forth produced a couple of very good recruiting classes, but it's time to focus on football!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                I see that now. He must be exceedingly happy every time Harbaugh gets a raise.
                Harbaugh's not going to be getting another raise for quite a while.

Comment

• Now we're doing better in Ohio
                  M is recruiting more Ohio kids. But, it's not like they're beating OSU (or even PSU) for any of them. It's very much a Dantonio approach to Ohio. Appreciate that you can find some quality players there that are "low-hanging" in the sense that OSU isn't going after them.

I guess they did get Rumler, but he has been a M lock since he was 5. I'll give Hoke a lot of credit -- he went head-to-head against UFM in Ohio and won some battles (his 2015 class was full of good Ohio players).

Maybe HARBAUGH!!! pulls Zach Harrison. Maybe he wins a big one in 2020. But the likes of Carpenter, All, Newburg and Velasquez are quintessential middle tier B10 recruits from Ohio.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• At least we're getting three star guys from the Midwest this year. If you're not getting elite prospects you might as well at least keep Purdue and Michigan State from picking up Plan B guys. We're getting our clocks cleaned by Penn State and OSU though.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; June 29, 2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Harbaugh's not going to be getting another raise for quite a while.
                      Not so fast, my friend. Second place in the east division is not out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

• Instate #1 WR prospect Tre Mosely announced for MSU late yesterday. M had been recruiting him. He stated that the stability of the coaching staff was a major factor in his decision.

McElwain probably not a great hire. It had been noted, he's never been a great recruiter.

Growing up, Mosley rooted for both the University of Michigan and Michigan State football teams. On Friday, he finally picked Michigan State.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Probably unstated is the current depth chart considering M's haul last year

Comment

• The depth chart will likely be somewhat open by 2020 since I don't expect Black or DPJ to be around then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              Instate #1 WR prospect Tre Mosely announced for MSU late yesterday. M had been recruiting him. He stated that the stability of the coaching staff was a major factor in his decision.

McElwain probably not a great hire. It had been noted, he's never been a great recruiter.

Growing up, Mosley rooted for both the University of Michigan and Michigan State football teams. On Friday, he finally picked Michigan State.

Warriner is known as a subpar recruiter too. Let's pray that he can still develop O-linemen like he did at OSU. Talent is going to be an issue once the 2016 starts to graduate or leave early.

Comment

• Recruiting is one complex, screwed-up process if a guy with all of Ed Warriner's success at developing O-Linemen has difficulty getting players to play for him. Why does a proven coach need to stand on his head and do magic tricks for teenagers? I would be more impressed with Warriner's results than a personal handwritten letter from Jay Harbaugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X