Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, THERE's a great source of information on Michigan recruiting if I've ever seen one ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I didn't see the message myself, wishing thinking on Ohio fans part.

Comment

• I suppose that is possible but I doubt posts like that at the buckeye forum, considering what just went down in Ann Arbor, have anything other than sour grapes behind them. buckeyes are looking for anything positive after having their boys take a loss to hated Michigan for the first time in a long time.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I can see Dunn as he's still on the fence, but I thought the others have expressed they were solid (before the Lord Frank news, though)
          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• After all the crap those kids have taken, especially in the case of Kalis, to think that they'd now turn to the Schmucknuts after all that. They really are delusional.

Urban Meyer is a fine coach. The MNC's that he won speak for themselves.

But at the same time, Florida this morning is 6-6 with a Gator team that was mostly recruited by Urban Meyer. This, in a state that arguably has some of the best HS talent in the nation.

Meyer doesn't wear a big "S" under his shirt. He's fallible. He's only a man. He's only going to be as good as the kids perform. Will they perform great? Nobody can say for sure. One year he can win a MNC with the Heisman Trophy winner, and then the next year basically that same team was relegated to the Capital One Bowl, where they promptly lost to Lloyd Carr and the Wolverines. Where was the Urban Meyer "greatness" on that day? On vacation?

Sometimes, a coach is only as good as the players are on that particular day.

Ask Ron Zook.

Comment

• There is no credible OSU poster claiming that. No insider on Scout. No insider on BP. There is no way in f'n hell any of the M commits flip. The consensus among OSU insiders that I read is that Dunn is going to play with the kids he knows, and that's M.

My recommendation for those wanting OSU info is to either use Buckeye Planet or to pay for a premium membership to Scout.

Now, there is a player or two from Florida who may transfer. But, frankly, it's more likely that Shariff Floyd would transfer to OSU than Kalis would change his mind. And I put Floyd at 0.000000000000000000000001%.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nobody can say for sure. One year he can win a MNC with the Heisman Trophy winner, and then the next year basically that same team was relegated to the Capital One Bowl, where they promptly lost to Lloyd Carr and the Wolverines. Where was the Urban Meyer "greatness" on that day? On vacation?
                If he has the same success at OSU as he had at Florida, color me esctatic.

As for the Capital One Bowl, yeah, Florida had a horrendous defensive scheme in that game. As noted, the DC on that day won't be coming to Columbus but once every two years.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh, I agree. If he can win even just one MNC for OlieO, he'll be set for quite some time.

Thing is, I don't see him as a lot of ohio fans see him today. They see him as this guy who is going to bring all these MNC's to Columbus in his briefcase, and I still say that those things have to be earned. I mean, ten years ago, how many of us here (and a lot of us were here then) would have thought that guys like Les Miles and Nick Saban would be the "toast" of the college coaching ranks right now?

Coaches are only as good as their players perform.

And I still have to wonder how much "fire" is still in the belly of Urban Meyer. He walked away from Florida, .. came back, .. and walked away again... I mean, what's the story? He had no clue that a "better" job may be in the offing. Is he rolling the dice with his health, or is he good to go? Is his family situation now resolved, or are there still issues?

He may come to Columbus and roar thru the Big Ten like a hot knife thru butter. But at the same time, I think its just as possible that he won't be there five years from now.

Comment

• Long and Magnuson working on Garnett:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      If he has the same success at OSU as he had at Florida, color me esctatic.

As for the Capital One Bowl, yeah, Florida had a horrendous defensive scheme in that game. As noted, the DC on that day won't be coming to Columbus but once every two years.
                      Had to laugh at this. This particular DC (whose defense performed miserably against our lackluster passing game yesterday) is slowly rising to Barwis levels of legendary status.

Comment

• Barwis never had any on-field duties. He's very good at what he does. And, I think he had a positive effect on the conditioning mentality at Michigan. He brought it into the 21st century.

Now, I know that sore schmucknut fans this morning are looking for more ways to poke at Michigan, .. but this one is pretty weak ...

And as for Coach Mattison ... he has taken Michigan's defense from one of the worst in the country, to one of the best, in several categories.

And in accomplishing this, he did so without any "superstar" talent on defense.

From 7-5 to 10-2. Its hard to argue with the numbers.

But, you can argue with them if you like ....
                        Last edited by lineygoblue; November 27, 2011, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• DSL, can you post ANYTHING MORE to show what a fucking idiot you are? For the next year you're sorry ass is ours. Get used to it boy. You might learn to love it!

Comment

• Well liney, through the gloom of losing I have reason to be encouraged. Our passing game had it's best game of the season, with a freshman QB and nearly all frosh and soph receivers (except for Posey, who will be missed). Next season's Game will be interesting...

Comment

• "Well liney, through the gloom of losing I have reason to be encouraged."

That's because you're an idiot!

Comment

• I can see why nut fans would be 'encouraged'.

But, we are too.

Comment

Working...
                                X