Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the junior season highlight film of the other Safety recruit, Quinten Johnson. This is more like what you'd expect to see. Dax Hill's film was awesome by comparison.

https://247sports.com/Video/Junior-S...797/?View=Full
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Comment

• Huh?

M signed 5 WR's in this class, 3 of whom are 4 star athletes...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Besides Cornelius Johnson, 3 are smallish slot types, and 1 has barely played football.

Comment

• We got numbers, but none of them are Top 200 guys. That's two classes in a row without a true stud receiver. I expected a one year shadow after the 2017 class but I think that we needed at least one blue chipper at that position this year.

Comment

• C. Johnson's composite was #256, but 247 had him at #185. They seem to do the best job these days.Rivals has 68 WRs yanked ahead of him. Bullshit...
              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; December 22, 2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• WRs are going to be tough sells when M throws the ball less than 40% of the time and then only runs up to 70 plays. Only 37.39% in 2018 and I don't know what the split between TEs and slots/wides is - guessing its 70/30. So, WRs are getting targeted maybe 8-9X per game (I was shocked when I did the math but that seems about right visually).

If I've got those numbers right, what stud HS receiver is going to want to sign up to play for Harbaugh and Michigan?

I read an article last week suggesting that Harbaugh, by virtue of his recruiting targets in this class, may be looking at the slotty guys because he wants to expand that part of the passing game going forward. I think that's slappy wishful thinking. Perry might have been the most technically capable route runner on the team and, IMO, horribly under utilized (injuries? Maybe).

You need big WRs to take the top off a defense and that can win the 50/50 throws from a QB who can make them - Not sure Patterson is that guy but he's very good in the short to mid-range game. I could see him being pretty good with the long ball if he weren't being handcuffed and stark raving scarred of turning the ball over that way.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I do hate to see DPJ, Nico, and Tarik being underutilized, but it could be related to the QB and the pass protection. Run blocking was better than pass pro this year, and Shea Patterson is not all that great at throwing deep routes. I suspect more passes to be thrown to WRs if/when Joe Milton takes over. Besides, I thought everyone was thrilled with getting Shea involved in the run game this year. The offense seemed most effective when he was picking up yards with his feet. Still, he could have just heaved it up Trace McSorley style and let the WRs win the 50/50 battles. For reference, see Nico Collins versus Ohio State.

Comment

• Shea had one of the highest ratings when throwing down field.

Comment

• Can you share those stats? How is down field defined? I think he throws well short and intermediate, but he frequently under-throws passes of 50 yds. or more - even those that are completed often require major adjustments by the wide receivers.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Fair.

But it also seems silly to say he wasn't good.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 2 yeas in Harbaugh's system should pay off. M fans are not happy (again).

DM has looked great in mop up and throws as beautiful ball I have ever seen. But he's still the favorite player on an unhappy fan base team (backup QB)

Its not Patterson fault 62 points were given up last game.

If M wins 17-13 nobody would be bitching about Shea.

This negativity is a direct result of losing to osu

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post

Fair.

But it also seems silly to say he wasn't good.
                                Well, I said he wasn't all that great.I don't think he's horrible. He throws accurately on the run, which I think is his strongest asset as a passer. Speight was good on deep throws and iffy on other throws. Demetrius Brown was really good with the long ball, but had little touch on the short stuff. There are differences among individuals. Shea doesn't do everything equally well.
                                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; December 22, 2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X