This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    ........ They will be very long on passing game talent in 2019 and a lot shorter on running game talent. If he's at 62/38 again -- or whatever it is -- I'll be stunned.
    Me, not so much. I've read detailed discussions on trends Harbaugh has picked up on - or it was said he'd picked up on - and then, no sign of it in the M offense. The most recent was what the Eagles, Doug Pederson and sub QB Nick Foles did to the Patriots in the most recent Super Bowl. The RPO. So, Harbaugh goes out and gets 5* QB Shea Patterson who was the perfect guy to throw to all kinds of talented backs, TE's and most of all slot receivers like Grant Perry, M's most technically proficient route runner using RPO concepts. M opens at ND and what do we see? Not the RPO. The trend of a heavily run-centric offense continued in the early part of the season and extended until the end. There were signs that Harbaugh was experimenting with both the RO and RPO but there were only glimpses of it. A lot of people said, "he's saving it for osu....." or ......."he's protecting Shea."

I among others, defended Harbaugh's approach. It was working, M was winning but most of us overlooked what the ND loss predicted - M would get ass-railed by teams with better defenses and dynamic offenses as they couldn't keep up if the defense failed and shoot-out ensued. Most thought, based on the shit show that was osu footbal before the horror, M would beat the buckeyes, beat whoever showed up from the West in the BIG CCG and get blasted by Alabama or Clemson in the play-offs. We were sort-of half right. It was osu that blasted M. Harbaugh never incorporated any of the passing concepts we thought he would. He had the roster to do it and didn't. It is still a mystery to me why he didn't incorporate what most of us thought he would during the season and especially against osu.

So, you should be able to see why realistic observers of M football should think Jim Harbaugh is not likely to suddenly change his stripes. I agree with you, the RB roster may dictate a shift to more passing but if it goes over 50/50 or even close to it, I'll be shocked. Doug and I have tickets to the Peach. If Harbaugh rolls out the same old shit he rolled out in 2018 v. UF and gets smoked I'm not sure I'll be back to watch a loaded 2019 roster bumblefiuck through the OOC and regular season with another run-centric offense to end up getting steam rolled by a Justin Fields led, ryan day/kevin wilson designed osu offense. Fuck that old movie.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It will be interesting. I think I'm pretty realistic in my assessment of HARBAUGH!!!. And, I'm not saddled with the baggage of pessimism that often taints my own take on OSU (sometimes). If he goes the route that you think he'll go then I'm left with the conclusion that his ceiling as a coach is "good." If he is committed to "win with cruelty" or whatever, then he won't ever be elite. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but if he doesn't adapt to fit his talent, then the growth of the program is done. They'll have to out-talent teams to win. I have a hard time believing he is that rigid.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I didn't sleep at all last night.....Army!

Comment

• Jeff, maybe give that Rosling a closer read.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Jeff, maybe give that Rosling a closer read.
            Probably a good idea re M football. A "possibilitist" would see the future a bit brighter than I do right now. I wonder what a bell curve of "the middle" would look like if from, say, the beginning of Bo's tenure as HC of M football, (1969) we plotted a set of all events with subsets of great things that happened (e.g.,wins against traditional rivals and BIG championships both of which advanced M's profile on the national CFB scene) and dong punches to the program. My sense is that dong punches would over populate the curve and shift it to the left.

Michigan football, it seems to me, is sort of a sad-sack operation. Of course, standard caveats apply: current performance cannot predict future results.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Or re Dan. Anything Rosling would have done would have required both sufficient data as well as the consideration of more than one type of it.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• It's basketball season now. How's your team doing?

Comment

• Not falling behind; not showing off. Fat part of the bell curve!
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• What's wrong with you hack? We don't care about osu basketball

Comment

• At all

Comment

• You go get back to posting about the importance of the wall. I'm enjoying the creativity here.

Comment

• You gonna cry now?

Comment

• well, no plans to at the moment.

probably should be checking out Rutgers basketball, but have chosen instead to rewatch the Indiana game.

Comment

• 4 Star LB Osman Savage commented yesterday. Dont know much about him, but has the best name ever since Sam Sword.

Comment

Working...
                                X