Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, yes, that's a good point. A very good point. I mean, there's no doubt he can outcoach pretty much anyone. Unfortunately, that includes Born on 3rd Base CRD. However, M fans generally aspire to national titles. I mean, that's pretty much what the program is about. And you're not beating the SEC Champs w/ mediocre recruiting.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• M fans are still bitter about ending up as runner up in 1997.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Looks like our top 2023 commit is flipping to Georgia. I read we have like 5 kids in the class that is ranked 52nd nationally.

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!!!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Its going to be a very common thing from now on. Kids are going to commit, then other schools are going to decide they want them more, and offer them more in NIL. Boom, they're gone.

But, Michigan will always be "the leaders and best".
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Michigan picked up a OL commitment yesterday. Amir Herring (6'4" 300) from West Bloomfield gave his commitment on Thursday to Michigan football. He plays tackle in HS but is likely headed to Guard or Center in college. He credits coach Sherrone Moore with securing his commitment to Michigan. He's considered the #13 OL in 24/7's ratings. Overall I believe I read he's #238.

M needs to step it up to get out of the mire that they're in with this class. This isn't going to move them up very much. They're being smoked both in the conference and nationally. The new additions to the B1G will make that even worse.

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He's like a batter in a wiffle ball game. Lots of swinging and missing in 2023 class.

Comment

• If I recall, from the very beginning of Harbaugh's tenure, outside observers didn't doubt his coaching and organizational skills. They had questions about his ability to recruit. I don't think the quality of the '23 class should be a surprise. Harbaugh and the M football recruiting department he runs are just not that great.

he combination of M's mediocre recruiting skills and that Michigan hasn't weaponized the portal and NIL is going to relegate Michigan on the national scene to, at best, the15-25 overall class ranking range for the foreseeable future.

Based on that, no one should expect to see Harbaugh producing seasons that result in conference championships as long as he is here and as long as Michigan chooses to neglect the opportunities to scoop up HS football talent using NIL or the portal.

I'm just being realistic and combined with my distaste for the trends in CFB, my interest in it, including in following M football, isn't going to be high on my list of interests that I'll focus on.

I do think the realignment in CFB that it appears the sport is headed for is going to improve it dramatically. Along with recognition by various people in a position to manage this, there will be adjustments to NIL and the portal to prevent a concentration in talent among a handful of programs in the two conferences that will survive and form an organizational model similar to that of the NFL- the B10 and SEC .
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Harbaugh has been here long enough that we know the level he recruits at. The talent he's getting is good enough to keep M where they've been, winning 9-10 games and losing to the Buckeyes the final game of the regular season. In a peak season where they've a strong graduating class, they can play the Buckeyes about even.

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ohio State has 13 players ranked ahead of our best recruit in the 2023 class.

Comment

• Dante Moore, 5* QB from Detroit MLK chose Oregon. Harbaugh offered Moore when he was in 7th grade. So much for getting in on a kid when he's young.

Moore needs to hope that Oregon gets picked up by one of the two new super conferences, or he'll be relegated to secondary TV appearances. He may use the portal to transfer to a better school for exposure and NIL at some point. I doubt he stays at Oregon for his full CFB career.

Comment

• Michigan lands an edge rusher from California today. Collins Acheampong a 6'7" 254 lb 4-star edge rusher from Rancho Santa Margarita CA verbally committed to Michigan, passing up offers from LSU, Miami and UCLA. He's only played one year of organized football, having moved to the US from Ghana.

He's been recruited for his potential more than actual statistics. He missed a year of competition due to the Covid shut downs.

His verbal doesn't move the needle at all as far as class rankings. Overall, Michigan is still lagging badly nationally, as well as in conference.

Comment

• Michigan has received a commitment from four-star defensive lineman Enow Etta, who is now the highest-rated recruit in the Wolverines’ 2023 class. He is rated the nation’s No. 8 defensive lineman by 247Sports Composite. He had offers from Michigan State, Alabama, Stanford, and Oklahoma, among others.

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

Working...
                                X