Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And SMU never recovered. They were a perennial Top Ten team for years, but since their death penalty they've been relegated to MAC status.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Pony Excess. I knew a guy from North Platte who went to play at SMU...his first year was when they received the Death Penalty. He was interviewed on that 30 for 30 special. I think Marty's investigator buddies were responsible.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        SMU is now saying WTF...we (along with the SWC) invented this shit! We got tge DEATH PENALTY for this shit!
        Heh. Remember when Terrelle Pryor was a villain for trading his OWN STUFF for tattoos? Those were the days. Of course, these days Terrelle Pryor would have never played at OSU. He would have commanded millions.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          It’s already unrecognizable. I hate it. 1100 kids in the portal and 85% say they are looking for a NIL deal.
          Yeah, it's really, really disheartening. I mean, I dunno. I could see losing SOME of my attachment to the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            It's the wild west of CFB. This is a situation where the coaches are not going to agree on a set of reasonable rules. That's because nobody, for example, in the SEC is going to budge on any advantages they have when the BIG argues, "hey, we need rules to level the playing field." This is where the NCAA could form a committee of disinterested (in outcomes from NIL and portal deals) parties - lawyers and such - to come up with some rules that enforce a sort of ordered process. It's a reach for sure asking the NCAA to come up with anything like this. It's just not in their culture. But, if something doesn't happen to regulate the portal and NIL, it's going to destroy CFB as a meaningful undertaking for college athletes and a form of sports entertainment.
            Nick Saban has been preaching that we need rules for the Portal and NIL for literal years.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• One of th issues that nobody discusses with NILs and especially the portal is the fact that it gives the power to the kids.

No more "my way or the highway" from coaches. If a kid doesn't like what's going on, not enough playing time, coach made me run stairs? etc etc...BOOM! portal
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ....... one of the NIL/portal's first rules: a contract that binds the kid to the school they choose for a set period of time based on eligibility.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah. I mean, professional free agency even has rules. Contracts ought to be a start.

Comment

• Opening up the portal to all non-graduates might have been the stupidest thing that the NCAA has ever done, and hooo boy, is that saying a lot.

Comment

• Michigan has landed former Nebraska LB Ernest Hausmann from the portal. He was a freshman last season but played regularly and had 10 tackles and a sack against Michigan. Seemed to be playing his best ball at the end of the season.

Comment

• Good get. He's a player.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Good to know.

Comment

• Fills a need too.

Comment

• Hated losing him...especially to a conference opponent...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Shaddup
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X