Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We'll never be Georgia elite, but 2021 and 2022 are pretty good bars to strive for.

We need an elite recruiting class this year to stay at that '21 and '22 level.

Comment

• I thought osu was a lock for Scott? Not sure about this...

FunTqavWYAAgpzA?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• They can’t flee fast enough!

Comment

• I can't remember the last time that we got an Ohio kid that OSU wanted. Has that happened once in the Harbaugh era?

Comment

• I can remember --- about 4 weeks ago Jordan Marshall

Comment

• Was OSU gunning hard for him? I didn't follow his recruitment much.

Anyhow, taking kids that OSU wants -- even their plan B guys -- is something that we need to do more of. We've taken our fair share of "sleeper" and "under the radar" types. I wouldn't hate it if some of those 3* kids came from Ohio instead of Massachusetts or Florida.

Comment

• OSU wanted him bad

Comment

• OK good. Let's do more of that!

Comment

• Jesse Minter said its been a priority within the Michigan coaching staff to rebuild relationships with HS coaches in Ohio, which have taken a beating over the last 2 decades. Its not going to happen overnight, but some small progress has been made. Lloyd Carr started backing off Ohio when Tressel came in, and Rodriguez pretty much deserted Ohio. Hoke didn't have a lot more success than Rodriguez did. Harbaugh had whiffed for his first 5-6 years, but now seems to be making some inroads. There is still a lot of room for improvement, but M recruiting in Ohio seems to be headed in the right direction. Michigan is never going to beat OSU head-to-head for every targeted player, but if they can get back to picking a few plums, that would help a lot.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hoke had a little bit of success. He plucked Frank Clark out of Cleveland, who ended up being a solid starter. HIs first full class had a ton of Ohio guys. Willie Henrty, Jarrod Wilson, and Chesson were all good contributors. Kalis was a huge get at the time. Joe Bolden ended up being a pretty solid playe. In 2013, he landed Dymonte Thomas and Taco Charlton. Both of them were big time blue chippers when he landed them.

RichRod got BTFOd in Ohio, for the most part.

Harbaugh has pretty much abandoned Ohio,. Until this year at least.

Comment

• We won't have the #1 clas, but after two playoff years and a lot of holes left by the crappy '23 class, I'm hoping for a Top 5 bunch. We need it and it's not an unreasonable ask.

Comment

• I think Wiltfong is writing for his audience re Scott. He f he flips his CB then I’d take notice. Not 100% sure on West. It wouldn’t shock me if he went elsewhere. West is 100%.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sounds like four-star WR Channing Goodwin (Jadyn Davis teammate) will soon commit to Michigan,

Comment

• Boy would this would be icing on the cake if Michigan could haul this kid in. Jeremiah Smith four-star linebacker ranked as the No. 267 recruit nationally, the No. 25 linebacker in the class, and the No. 6 recruit in the state of Michigan.

Previously a big-time Sparty lean, even receiving four crystal balls. That lead appears to have vanished throughout the month of April, as the Wolverines have now earned back-to-back crystal balls of their own.​

Comment

• Nice to get that kicker transfer from Louisville also, he not talking much at all - wishful thinking at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X