Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected Four-Star Jacob Smith (Jerod Twin) Committed to Michigan. Sitting at #4 ranking, I think USC passes Michigan (we know Bama will). 19 Four-Stars 👀 Fl has 2 Five stars is the reason they are at #3 for the time being.

DL shouldn't be a problem for a while. - Jacob Smith - Jerod Smith - Devon Baxter - Elias Rudolph - Dominic Nichols - Manuel Beigel - Owen Wafle - Ted Hammond

F07e0vDWYAIhz8S?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• More depth. Good pickup.

USC, UAT + probably 3-4 more. They'll be 8-10.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Jadyn Davis dropped 75 spots in the most recent QB rankings.

https://bluebyninety.com/michigan-fo...ting-rankings/

From the article:
        Davis has been steadily dropping recently, with a notable plummet in the ON3 recruiting rankings. Following June’s Elite 11 finals in Los Angeles, Jadyn Davis experienced a substantial 73-spot drop in the latest national recruiting rankings, falling from No. 115 in the country to No. 188.​
        So, they're either right, or they're wrong.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Everyone expected Davis to drop. WM and I even discussed it and expected him to end up a middle 4* at best.

Comment

• So were the recruiting services wrong when they rated him as a 'solid' 5 star, or are they wrong now in dropping him 73 spots?

They found 73 other QB's in the country, who they decided were better than him, that they must have missed the first time around.

Comment

• I don’t believe the 73 spots are for just QBs. For example, 247 Composite has him as the 6th best QB in the nation for 2024, the #1 player in North Carolina, and the 60th best player in the Nation overall (compared against all players in all positions).

Not a fan of ON3, so I can’t really speak to their rankings, but what really hurt him is not finishing ranked in the Elite 11 he participated in.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He actually finished 6th in the Elite 11.

Not great, but not bad. But yet 'bad' enough for 73 other players to pass him. Good thing he didn't finish 7th.

Comment

• He’s not the #73 rated QB you fucking idiot. Cue the even stupider micro in response to macro point argument.

Anyway, everyone knew he’d drop. Again, WM and I discussed it. But he’s probably a M hater too.
                    Last edited by iam416; July 13, 2023, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Ahh.. I'm getting under your skin again.

I corrected that, but continue on.

And, nice edit. You're pretty good at that.
                      Last edited by lineygoblue; July 13, 2023, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        So were the recruiting services wrong when they rated him as a 'solid' 5 star, or are they wrong now in dropping him 73 spots?

They found 73 other QB's in the country, who they decided were better than him, that they must have missed the first time around.
                        Did you correct it? Lol.

He’s the EDIT — 6th not 7th - rated QB in the 247 Composite. So I don’t have a clue what your dumbass is bitching about, but there’s zero doubt it’s completely idiotic.

And sorry — but if the response to my milquetoast point is complete idiocy, I’m gonna call you a fucking idiot. And on this topic that’s a very sincerely held belief
                        Last edited by iam416; July 13, 2023, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Man do I miss WM.

Comment

• You're the one that responded with insults and F bombs.

I don't like the recruiting services, for the reasons I've stated before. All they are intended for is conversations like this and cause arguments.

You can put your faith in them all you like. I choose not to. It makes for interesting reading, but IMO the accuracy, especially long term, has proven to be flawed.

Does anyone remember where Tom Brady was ranked out of HS? Does anyone even care?

Comment

• As predicted, cue the even stupider micro in response to macro point argument.

OMG, Davis was 6 out of 11 at Elite 11 and he’s….the 6th ranked QB. OMG!!!!!!!

Hilarious.

Comment

• I'm still here, mostly lurking till football season...

Davis is where he belongs now (though a further drop wouldn't surprise me either), he never deserved 5-star (likely NFL-caliber) status. His arm strength is not good, even for a 4-star but he's a really productive, accurate, and successful high school QB. Arm strength isn't as critical in college as in the NFL, but throwing the entire route tree is still important. His lack of arm strength is more concerning with him not being a dual-threat QB. He's a good athlete but not a dual-threat, also he's only 6'1".

Lots of QBs like him have success in college football but he's appropriately just a top 300 caliber player, not a top 100.

Comment

Working...
                                X