Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OL: Joshua Garnett, Jordan Diamond, Alex Kozan...
    TE: Sam Grant...
    CB: Yuri Wright, Armani Reeves...
    WR: Monty Madaris...

4 spots left, most likely to come from these 7 names though new names will pop-up if too many of these names drop for other schools. With M's interest in TE Sam Grant, not sure what that means for AJ Williams whose a blocking tight end and/or likely future offensive lineman. They both are 'blocking' tight ends imo but M needs tight ends desperately after '12.

Comment

• If I could wave a magic wand to get the guys I want in those 4 slots, I'd go with Garnett, Grant, Reeves and Jordan Payton.

Garnett makes this OL class probably the best OL prospect class we've recruited in my lifetime. Loads of talent.

Grant would be a good pick up because he comes from a good program. Has good size, and is used to run blocking.

I think Reeves is the best among the remaining targets at CB.

Jordan Payton seems to have forgotten Michigan. I wish we could regain his attention, but its doesn't sound good. Madaris would be a good consolation prize.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Payton hasn't forgotten Michigan, he's just figured out he wants to stay in Cali and Cal is likely the beneficiary. I really like him, he's going to be a good college receiver for Cal; not the highest ceiling as he's not as explosive, elusive or spectacular of an athlete as receivers higher rated than him...

Madaris is a possibility if M has an open scholarship but I think M turned him off when they were chasing other receivers higher on their board. I think he'll decided between Sparty & Cincy; he's ranked where he should be (strong 3*)...

I really like Armani Reeves, sounds like a polished cover corner which is what M and Mattison uses... Yuri Wright has the higher ceiling and is higher ranked but I prefer Reeves personally. I'd take either and M would have an excellent DB class...

I like even the 3 star OL's; Braden I have rated as a four star and Caleb Stacey is a strong 3-star. Bars I know the least about but he has a pretty strong offer list... Adding a Garnett or Diamond makes this OL class special though M 'needed' a really strong one with lack of numbers the last few classes.

Comment

• Interesting--Michigan is looking to pick up Tennessee freshman WR DeAnthony Arnett, who wants to transfer to Michigan to be closer to his very sick father. However, Tennessee is refusing to release him to transfer to anything other than a MAC school.

Arnett was a 4-star receiver recruit last year and was ranked in the top 15 WR's in the nation by several of the scouting services.

Last edited by Jamie H; December 29, 2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Nice of Tennessee to make things more difficult for him at a time like this. Its not like Arnett is going to come to Michigan and bring a MNC in his backpack ...

Comment

• Tennessee is claiming they have a policy of not granting transfers to teams that they "play or recruit against".

Comment

• I think its just sour grapes on their part. Very childish. The kid has a family situation and needs to be closer to home.

Who was the kid we had a couple years ago, that was in a similar situation, that RRod gave a release to? Some kid from Texas. Michigan didn't put any restrictions on him.

Arnett ought to accept Tennessee's ultimatum, and enroll at Eastern for a semester. Then transfer to Michigan.

Comment

• I think it was Sam McGuffie, who ended up at Rice.
                  Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• That's the one.

RRod granted McGuffie's request to be released, and as far as I know, there were no conditions on where he could transfer to.

Comment

• and is it a requirement for UT coaches to be f'in assholes? First Fulmer, now Dooley.
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Did you forget Kiffin? He's right up there on the a-hole list.

Comment

• First Fulmer, now Dooley.
                          Kiffin on line one...
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Aah yes; forgot about good 'ol Lane

Comment

• In fact, I can't recall ANY Michigan player who was granted a release from their scholly, that had conditions to it. Shoot, Michigan let Justina Boren out of his scholly and he went on to enroll at OlieO. If anyone should have gotten a conditional release it should have been him.

Comment

• I think Tennessee is making sure that every school in the country can easily negatively recruit against them. I mean, what better way to enamor yourself to future recruits parents than by telling them "Hey if you get sick and are dying, screw you, you're kid is stuck here with us."

Comment

Working...
                                X