Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposedly his father has had 2 recent heart attacks. If that is true, the kid's situation could have clearly changed since his initial recruitment.

Comment

• Also, just a few years ago a basketball player from Iowa transfered to Tennessee under pretty much the exact same circumstances. Iowa, of course, granted the kid an unconditional release. Apparently Tennessee is more than willing to accept transfers like this, but they won't give them.

Comment

• And people change their minds. Maybe he thought that he would be ok moving away when his father was ill. But after trying it out for a year, he could have come to the realization that he needed to be closer to his family. You learn a lot about yourself in that first year away from home. Let's remember these kids are 18 years old and often on their own for the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
          You learn a lot about yourself in that first year away from home.
          Yeah .... I could drink all the beer I wanted whenever I wanted it.

....... unitl my Dad got a letter in December saying my GPA was 1.9.

My beer drinking stopped immediatly. He was like that.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• re: Garnett; I think he ends up a Wolverine but he's far from a lock. Would be another very nice OL addition. After him, M wil have 3 more scholarships; CB, TE and possibly another CB or BRA (OL, WR)...

Kenneth Crawley (Tennessee commit) showing some interest in taking visits, M is one of those.

Comment

• THX, WM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Crawley is a 4* CB, btw.

Comment

• No change in recruiting board:

OL: Joshua Garnett, Jordan Diamond, Alex Kozan...
                  TE: Sam Grant...
                  CB: Yuri Wright, Armani Reeves...
                  WR: Monty Madaris...

Yuri Wright now pretty much a ND vs M decision, Armani Reeves is down to pretty much PSU, M and ND... Madaris deciding between Cincfy, MSU and possibly M if M has an offer for him. Joshua Garnett has named a leader and its M. He's likely the last member of a nearly perfect OL class...

Crawley would make the recruiting board if he makes an official visit.

Comment

• If Garnett doesn't choose us, I will stop following recruiting in frustration.

I had hoped for a finish of Dunn, Diggs, Garnett, and Wright --- it seems we are finishing the class with a whimper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                      If Garnett doesn't choose us, I will stop following recruiting in frustration.

I had hoped for a finish of Dunn, Diggs, Garnett, and Wright --- it seems we are finishing the class with a whimper.
                      Me too. I'm starting to grow a little concerned with Hoke. His lack of closure recently is concerning but I am still chalking it up to his early success.

It may also be a lack of focus on recruiting during the season. In either event go Hoke and go blue.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Diggs certainly has cooled off, but I'm not going to judge Hoke on Dunn. Dunn's obviously hellbent for Columbus as some sort of default position, and it was great that they got as far as they could with him, IMO.

Comment

• Concerned with Hoke? Geez, tough crowd. I guess nothing but the #1 rated class will suffice.
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Even if we finish with JUST Garnett, and BANK the remaining three schollys, this will go down as one of the highest rated recruiting classes in Michigan's history.

My guess is that we will finish with these four: Garnett, Reeves, Grant and Madaris.

That ain't bad....
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Losing Dunn to Urban Meyer isn't really a surprise. The only reason Dunn was even looking at us is that he didn't want to play for a program in flux or without a coach on solid footing. The second Meyer was hired I suspected he would recommit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                                If Garnett doesn't choose us, I will stop following recruiting in frustration.

Dunn was always OSU and we tried to flip him. Diggs dissed the coaching staff when we had us come visit him and he was off on a visit to another school. Garnett will still be hard to pull from the West Coast. I expect Stanford to wow him big time. Remember, Garnett is seeking education first and foremost. Wright is going to announce ND this weekend and for a kid who said UofM was his "dream school" he never even visited so his talk was just that.

Comment

Working...
                                X