Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd read Arnett has already applied to Notre Dame. I had figured he would head to East Lansing if he got his unconditional release, so I don't know what his first choice would be, but I tend to doubt it's going to be Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
      Wow good news, apparently Dooley refused to release another kid a few years ago, came from a troubled home, Tennessee's excuse they didn't want him to return to that home?!? Anyway, the kid died of a drug overdose.
      And apparently, Dooley didn't even attend the funeral.

Class act.
      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• It's interesting that Arnett took his complaint public and used the media to generate some press in his favor and ultimately gain his release. I don't blame him, it was a pretty savy (whether he inteded to be or not?) move on his part. And he didn't disparage anyone, just stated the facts as he interpreted them.

Dooley almost had to save face or deal with future recruiting ramifications, as posters here pointed out.

Comment

• To hear MSU fans talk today, you'd think Dantonio is the one that's going to "throw a wall around Ohio".
          Heh heh heh. Hoke and Kelly will have some chance. Barring some sort of abnormal situation (legacy, etc.), Dantonio will not beat UFM for a single Ohio recruit.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• JRB, word out of ND is that Arnett is only looking at Michigan schools.

Comment

• That's what I was hearing as well, and specifically, M.

Would be a nice addition.
              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I haven't been able to listen to Sam Webb for a while. What's his latest take on DeAnthony Arnett? Sam is rarely wrong.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I read somewhere (I think on MGoBlog) that a significant source in the Michigan program said that Arnett was 100% coming to Michigan if he got his release.

The person with the tip wouldn't indicate who his source was, but he hinted that it was a player, and it sounded like it was Denard or Devin giving him the tip, as it was someone who had been in direct contact with Arnett and had talked to him about coming to Michigan.

Worth nothing without proof, I know, but this was prior to his release being granted and the attributed (off the record) quotes seemed believable.
                  Last edited by Jamie H; January 3, 2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• I think the whole idea behind him being released was so that he'd be back in his home state, to be near his dad. South Bend is close, but still about a 4 hour drive from Saginaw, which is his home town. So, I tend to doubt the ND rumor.

I've heard that he has close ties to Michigan players as well, but some insist that MSU will also get consideration.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                      I read somewhere (I think on MGoBlog) that a significant source in the Michigan program said that Arnett was 100% coming to Michigan if he got his release.

The person with the tip wouldn't indicate who his source was, but he hinted that it was a player, and it sounded like it was Denard or Devin giving him the tip, as it was someone who had been in direct contact with Arnett and had talked to him about coming to Michigan.

Worth nothing without proof, I know, but this was prior to his release being granted and the attributed (off the record) quotes seemed believable.
                      This is what I read as well, FWIW

Comment

• Ok, got more info--the person with the info was Sam Webb, and his source was either Devin Gardner or Shane Morris. So we'll see if he is right.

Comment

• Also, someone on MGoBlog with Spartan ties is saying Dantonio doesn't want Arnett due to something that went down during their original recruitment of him.

Again, could just be total BS.

Comment

• [QUOTE=lineygoblue;630461]

And I don't know if Kalis' comments means that Meyer was violating NCAA rules by contacting him during the dead period. All I'm going on is what Kalis said. He said that Meyer has been calling a lot, and he kept telling Meyer that he was solid with Michigan. Meyer said he was going to "keep trying". Kalis said he's stopped answering his phone calls. BS or not, that's what the kid said./QUOTE]

If a recruit asks a school/coach to stop contacting him, must that school/coach abide by that request? Is there a formal way through which this can/must be done.

Doesn't seem right that a kid who says he's not interested must resort to having to stop answering or even blocking calls. Seems like a nicely a nicely worded letter or phone comment should suffice. Then again, maybe kids really don't want the calls to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                              I haven't been able to listen to Sam Webb for a while. What's his latest take on DeAnthony Arnett? Sam is rarely wrong.
                              I listen to WTKA most every morning on my way to work, and Webb usually does his "Recruiting Roundup" right as I'm finishing my drive. However, this week he's been in NOLA and isn't on the radio until around 9:30AM each day for a bowl update, so I haven't heard anything new from him (outside of what Jamie just posted).

Last he commented on the radio, he said if (and it was a big if at the time), Arnett could secure a release, M was a clear frontrunner. I'd love to hear his take on a hardship clause to see if he could play next season if he ended up with M.
                              Last edited by SeanB; January 3, 2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• I would imagine he has a pretty good hardship case.

Stonum, Roundtree, Dileo, and Arnett would be a pretty good crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X