Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just thinking about Kalis and center. Is it a good fit?

Comment

• IMO, Kalis is a guard. And he's ready to play.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent is right. Kalis is probably headed for the interior line at guard. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a look at center. With Molk graduating, there's a big hole there. Khoury needs to step up, or one of these freshmen may step in front of him.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Kalis is playing guard at the AAA game. He stated that this may be a permanent position change for him. I can see him as a Steve Hutchinson road grader type.

Comment

• Rocko needs to practice snapping on the team plane back to A2 and not quit.

Comment

• I have to believe that was just nerves, I mean the kid found out he'd play minutes before the game in the biggest game of his life, also thought Denard whiffed on the second one.
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I was gonna say, I think some of that was Denard too
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• WM: Is this DeAnthony Arnett, who got his release from TENN due to his father's illness, worth a scholarship? Do we have a scholarship to give? He was 4* and has a year experience in the SEC.

Comment

• Yes, Arnett was a top 100 player at rivals in '11 and was a big loss in losing him to Tennessee as M needed receivers in that recruiting class. He's got a ton of talent, very worthy of a scholarship...

Not sure how scholarships work for transfers in between fall/winter semesters. Kids that transfer after the winter semester I know don't count against the # of scholarships till they play football in the fall (August)...

Comment

• I think he'll have to count against our 2012 class no matter what.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Don't know the rules on that but I've asked at rivals and received conflicting info on that from people who consider themselves experts. If he's on scholarship for the winter semester, he'd obviously count against the '85' limit and counted against the class limit of (25 +3 early enrolees) or he could count in the previous class as an early enrolee...

If Arnett's transfer happens after the winter semester (sounds like the case), I'm told its easier for M to take him and sign everyone they want in the '12 class. He won't count against the 85 or 25 limit till August. I really don't know as M rarely takes on transfers and this situation is common elsewhere but unique to me as a M fan.

Comment

• Unconfirmed rumors on ND boards of Arnett to State...

Comment

• Confirmed.

Comment

• Bummer if true.

I typically don't bother with mgoblog threads, but the common theme is that M couldn't offer a scholarship for the winter semester therefore Arnett chose msu, who could.

Comment

• Well, he's got to do what is best for him. Can't blame him for that. Guess the Dantonio rumor was BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X