Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would be surprised if Reeves ended up at Penn State.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yuri Wright is a terrific athlete, he's just nowhere near skilled enough to play B10 football yet. Reeves looks more like Countess, a guy who can come in and likely play as a freshman if needed.

Comment

• Other reports saying Yuri still going to visit, I guess we'll have to see if he ever makes it to campus.

Comment

• Recruiting board basically the same as the last couple:

OL: Joshua Garnett, Jordan Diamond, Alex Kozan...
          TE: Sam Grant & JP Holtz (plan B)...
          CB: Yuri Wright, Armani Reeves, Kenneth Crawley...

M isn't in Monty Madaris' top 3, most likely because he wasn't in M's top 2 at WR... M supposedly back in with an 4* OL whose committed but privately looking elsewhere (speculated as one of those Wisky OL; JJ Denman or Kyle Dodson)...

This weekend is M's last big recruiting weekend till signing day, most of the above will be there on officials that haven't taken an OV yet. Ty Isaac RB (5*, class of '13) visiting as well.. EJ Levenberry LB (strong 4*, '13) is a maybe too; if he shows up he's seriously considering M and is a national top 100 type recruit.

Comment

• Webb said this morning (of course, he's not infallible) that O'Niell is NOT coming to Michigan, and he's not the "secret" recruit, either.

Who knows. Like Dad said, we'll know on signing day.

Comment

• I've heard the same on O'Brien DT, he's NOT coming here. Coaching staff is happy with who they have at DT/SDE in Pipkens, Stobel & Wormley.

Comment

• As the "Cream" flows back to Ann Arbor, Hoke & Co., deserve a ton of credit, easily the best in the Big Ten, even eclipsing Indy Irish powerhouse ND & Post-Scandal, Meyer-led Ohio State.

Michigan coach Brady Hoke, shown on the sidelines at the Sugar Bowl, has verbal commitments from 14 of Scout's top 300 players.Melanie Maxwell I AnnArbor.com ...
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 12, 2012, 08:57 AM.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Heh. M's class isn't "easily" ahead of OSU's (or ND's) nor is OSU's (or ND's) finished. It is, however, a very good class by any standard. A bit lacking in superstars, but loaded with the 4* backbone that makes classes really good.

Comment

• We didn't get the superstars that we needed at WR and RB (although we did at least land one blue-chipper at WR).

Comment

• Compared to RR's tenure, a damn miracle I say.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• We didn't get the superstars that we needed at WR and RB (although we did at least land one blue-chipper at WR).
                        The best players in the class aren't necessarily "sexy" players. Kalis will be an all-conference OG -- probably multiple times. Bolden will be a really good LB for you guys (another puzzler from old staff's recruting "strategy"). Pipkins -- he will be good, too.

But the real strength of the class is the depth -- the "backbone". JMO.

Compared to RR's tenure, a damn miracle I say.
                        M should never, EVER measure itself against what RR did. RR turned M into Purdue. You should measure this class against what LC did. And by LC's standards (and any standard, really), it's a very good class -- though, LC put together some comparable classes.

Comment

• Great recruits for the O-line and all through the defense, M will look like Coach Hoke wants it to in 2 years (winning with smash mouth running and defense).
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Until those that brought RR to AA are put on trial then similarly "swing" in a grizzly Saddam Hussein sense, I will not rest.

"With these two HillBilly hands and a belly full of 'shine, I will destroy your program in less than a year."
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 12, 2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Heh. Love that quote. M is still a bit "hungover" from that 'shine, but 2011 certainly felt good.

Comment

• I hear ya OP...those that turned Michigan into Purdue should.."swing" as you say.

Comment

Working...
                                X