Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice article at Rivals on Dymonte Thomas. Hope we hold on to this kid. He may be the top guy out of Ohio next year? The coaches have told the 6-1 185 pound prospect that there not quite yet sure where they want him to play in college, either safety or maybe running back now. He has 4.5 40 speed.

Comment

• He's a safety unless M completely whiffs on RBs. And he's nearly the consensus #3 in Ohio. Send a nice flower basket to Jim Bollman for M's solid position on this one. Fortunately, he's the last recruit with "Bollman Issues" that UFM will have to try overcome. WooooT!

The only knock I have on Thomas is the level of competition he plays against.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
        Sean:

Jeff---we're awaiting confirmation of this

;-)

I'm in Miami, it's 80 degrees. In 3 hours I'll be headed to Cozumel.

I can neither confirm nor deny these stories told by my son.

Hope y'all are enjoying the Midwest's lovely January weather.

;-)[/QUOTE]
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ... I guess Sean was right about where the money is ...
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yuri Wright kicked out of his private school, another kid Hoke dropped interest in that was really talented; Yuri Wright, David Perkins, Aaron Burbridge, Stefon Diggs, Sevon Pittman & Wes Brown.

Comment

• Burbridge and Diggs might come back to haunt us. IMHO they would have been worth taking a chance on.

Comment

• I haven't a clue why M "dropped" Pittman. Perhaps b/c they were full, I dunno.

As far as I can tell, heh, Dunn is the only recuit Hoke hasn't landed that M didn't "drop".

Burbridge and Diggs might come back to haunt us. IMHO they would have been worth taking a chance on.
                Diggs, from what I've read on OSU forums, is trouble. Really good, but legitimately a real chance of trouble. Also, from what I understand, he shit on M's coaches. Could be wrong on that.
                Last edited by iam416; January 19, 2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• I heard that, too, talent.

Rumor was Diggs scheduled an in-home, and then wasn't there when they showed up. He was visiting elsewhere. Don't know if that is confirmed or not, just what I heard on the radio and I think read here as well.

Comment

• I heard it from two places, who may have just been getting it from an M source. But, yeah, when a recruit doesn't show for an in-home then, heh, you move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      Yuri Wright kicked out of his private school, another kid Hoke dropped interest in that was really talented; Yuri Wright, David Perkins, Aaron Burbridge, Stefon Diggs, Sevon Pittman & Wes Brown.

I'm really curious to find out why he got expelled. Certainly the twitter thing raised some red flags...but I didn't think they were necessarily a deal-killer. I'm assuming that Wright did something that triggered this...otherwise it's a pretty weak move on Bosco's part to expel him AFTER he helps them to an undefeated championship season and his football eligibility is exhausted.

Either way...this kid is trouble....

Comment

• Originally posted by Clashmore Mike View Post
                        I'm really curious to find out why he got expelled. Certainly the twitter thing raised some red flags...but I didn't think they were necessarily a deal-killer. I'm assuming that Wright did something that triggered this...otherwise it's a pretty weak move on Bosco's part to expel him AFTER he helps them to an undefeated championship season and his football eligibility is exhausted.

Either way...this kid is trouble....
                        You're right about the school---Bosco is going to have a hard time explaining the timing of the expulsion. And the kid sure does look like "trouble", as you stated.

But I have a hard time understanding you saying the tweets are not necessarily a "deal-killer". Are you honestly saying you'd want a kid like that to be representing Notre Dame? I don't care what 'hood he grew up in, what race or color he is, what his socio-economic background is, etc., etc., there is just no way you can pretend that there is justification for bringing such a bad apple in to spoil the whole bunch, if you truly want to run a program build upon a foundation of character. I don't care how much talent the kid has, no amount of talent justifies excusing that kind of behavior, of risking taking on a kid that is so highly likely to poison other kids with such nonsense.

A deal-killer? Without a doubt!

Comment

• There is no way in hell I bring this kid to U of M...enough said!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                            You're right about the school---Bosco is going to have a hard time explaining the timing of the expulsion. And the kid sure does look like "trouble", as you stated.

But I have a hard time understanding you saying the tweets are not necessarily a "deal-killer". Are you honestly saying you'd want a kid like that to be representing Notre Dame? I don't care what 'hood he grew up in, what race or color he is, what his socio-economic background is, etc., etc., there is just no way you can pretend that there is justification for bringing such a bad apple in to spoil the whole bunch, if you truly want to run a program build upon a foundation of character.
                            I hear you, and don't at all disagree with anything you're saying...I'm just not sure that I completely agree either. Kid needs his ass-kicked into shape...no doubt about that...its just that this is new territory. This whole twitter/facebook/public access thing has thrown me a bit off. The internet lets us all present ourselves as in a light that we choose. All my HS & College friends on facebook are thin and rich and have perfect looking wives and kids...until I actually see them...see their guts, their bald spots, that have their pictures are taken not at their house...but at their in-laws...that they are driving the same econobox they were driving seven years ago...except now it's seven years older...and truth be told, I'm probably guilty of that too.

A couple of times I've told some of you to go fuck yourselves...I never do that in real life...last time I said something like that to someone's face, I was drunk and just out of college.

Anyway...my point is that who knows how much weed Yuri smokes or ho's he bangs. I'm sure there are gazillions of pimple covered fat dorks in HS who twitter and facebook the exact same kind of stuff to feel cool.

Part of me wants ND to dump the kid...I'm not standing up for him. I'm just saying that we're in a different world and ND (and other schools) should put some thought into this before setting precedent.

Kudos to Hoke for dumping him btw...seriously. I'm just not sure what's right here...

Comment

• Good post, Clash. I'm still glad Hoke dumped him, but I can't disagree with a lot of what you said. Especially the "internet persona" stuff. I've been complaining about that kind of behavior on here for years.

There is a kid across the street from us who had tons of FB posts about felony drug possession, getting busted up in Juvenile detention, all sorts of stuff. After speaking with his parents, absolutely none of it was true. He was just trying to create some hard image for who knows what reason.

No go fuck yourself, wax your bald spot and get your piece of shit Festiva off of my lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
                                No go fuck yourself, wax your bald spot and get your piece of shit Festiva off of my lawn!

Heh...nobody on facebook knows about my bald spot...and to come totally clean, its a Jetta...not a Festiva. God-damn VW just won't die. Haven't made a car payment since '03 and I just can't bring myself to replace it when it runs like a champ. My wife is legitimately hot though...

Comment

Working...
                                X