Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would count you as part of the majority of M fans, Geezer when it comes to both OSU's future and where you want The Game to go. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the inevitable rematches -- plural -- in the B10 title game. That still irks me. It's the principle of the thing -- that game ought not be played two straight weeks. And that's where it's heading. Big time. It will have to wait until next year or maybe the year after (depending on how well M does transitioning to life w/o Denard). But it's inevitable. Bah, I say.

My comments about "deluded" only apply to what I consider a small minority of the M fanbase.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm still having a tough time understanding how the son of a former captain of the o-lie-o football team picks Blue.

Comment

• Anzalone's response when M offered; 'that was one of the offers I was really hoping to get."

M was clearly in the running (allegedly in his top 4) but M felt McCray and Anzalone played the same position (SAM) and would only take one of the two. The other LB they'll take will be a MLB/WLB type. Of course they'll have a spot for Levenberry regardless...

re: TE's... I think all the offers to the tight ends, h-backs, fullbacks says a lot about what the coaching staff thinks of the current ones on the roster. Most of those guys that aren't true freshman (Houma, Funchess & Williams) are guys who converted positions are probably only playing their only out of necessity. I agree with the staff I don't see a lot of 'true' tight ends on the roster and M needs them badly. I don't think M will take another H-back type but they'll take another true tight end.

Comment

• There may be a lot of guys playing tight end, fullback but how many of them were actually recruited to play the position?

Just the ones Hoke did, the others were guys who converted like Hopkins, Ricardo Miller, Jordan Parkorz, etc. These guys were RB's, WR's, DE's a year ago...

Comment

• We disagree re Anzalone. Eh, whatever.

Comment

• His top four was ND, Ohio, M, and Florida supposedly before M bowed out and opened up PSU's spot... M was certainly in it though it was 'early' in his recruitment as it was just exploding. I thought it was going to be a Ohio, M, ND battle.

Comment

• Interesting. I have it as an OSU-PSU battle, ultimately. We'll see. He's good. I'd love to have him (and I think OSU will get him), but he's not a must-have. Robert Foster and Ethan Pocic are at the top of my list with JT Barrett not far behind. Whatever 4* guys they fill out their LB spots will be fine.

The only LB I'd get excited about is Smith.

I know it's more or less the same story for M -- Gedeon/McCray whomever are nice, but if Ty Isaac and/or Treadwell sign up, that's huge.

Comment

• I think Hopkins has the FB spot locked down for the next few years.

Comment

• Michigan and Ohio State should always be the top two teams in the Big Ten. That's why it's called The Game.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I for sure don't want OSU to be down. It's so much fun beating their ass in when they aren't down. It's something Michigan has a lot of experience doing.

Comment

• It was a damn shame what Jerry Sundusky did to those children in JoPa's locker room and it was equally shameful for Urban Meyer to further exploit the tragedy by poaching committed Penn State recruits... remember Urban, God is watching and IMO that is an express ticket to Hell.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Question: before attrition how many spots are available in the '13 and '14 recruiting classes? Will '14 be a small class?
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                            It was a damn shame what Jerry Sundusky did to those children in JoPa's locker room and it was equally shameful for Urban Meyer to further exploit the tragedy by poaching committed Penn State recruits... remember Urban, God is watching and IMO that is an express ticket to Hell.
                            OP-

I think I understand your progression of thought here, but I have to disagree fundamentally with you making anything as shameful as what Sanduskey did to those poor defenseless children. Sorry, as much as I dislike pope urban, and as much as I agree that, without a doubt, he exploited the situation to swoop in like a vulture to pick clean the rotting carcess of psu football, there's just no way it comes close to equaling the despicable crimes of Sanduskey!!

Comment

• Have you guys figured into your analysis though that Meyer made Sandusky do it? Given that, I'd say that Meyer may be the most despicable character in all of college football and perhaps even human history.

Comment

• Rob it was hyperbole ....but frankly fuck.UFM the former Floridian.
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X