• Show
Clear All

• Grant to Oklahoma
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• We needed a TE. Too bad.

Comment

• Great.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I guess the question is, are we really losing out on a bunch of kids we had a good shot at, or have people been overestimating how much these late-changers wanted to come over to us?

Comment

• I don't know if that question can ever be answered. What I can say is that we have been second choice quite a bit in the past few days.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yeah. After this many in a row, it is a bummer. We need one or two to go our way.

Comment

• We obviously need to consider replacing Hoke and Mattitson. Can't close.

Comment

• Well what IS obvious is that they seem to be good on figuring out which guys are predisposed to leaning towards Michigan and jumping all over them early and getting them in the fold.

What they haven't shown is an ability to talk kids who are completely undecided or leaning towards another school into coming here.

But we're dealing with a pretty small sample size here.

Comment

• Yup.

Comment

• Heh ...... and Michigan football is, once again, in the shitter.

Let's ask this question.

What kinds of players did Hokemattison have on their roster when they showed up in AA in early 2011? Not a whole lot that could play their brand of football, right? What did they do with them? Turned a moribund and demoralized football team into a BCS game winner racking up 11 wins in the process. Something that hadn't been done in a long, long time.

Frankly, I don't think we are in a position to judge what kind of impact playing second fiddle with regard to some of the higher rated, 18 year old HS players that went elsewhere will be.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• On closing ...... I don't think Hoke or Mattison are going to beg anyone to come to Michigan. Importantly, they are not going to play games or cater to players who want special recognition (love I think they call it) in an effort to entice them to M. More importantly, they are very likely to stay very far away from any player who they have an inkling might be receiving a benefit from interested supporters outside the program.

I also sense that if a player lets the staff makes a decision to go or is leaning elsewhere - and I suspect the coaches have a much clearer idea, much earlier than we do - they let it ride. No pressure, no phone calls, no chasing them down.

Is that a negative? We just can't know until we see how M plays going forward under this coaching staff.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yup. Not worried at all given what Hoke and Mattison did with team 132.

Plus, the more they miss out on kids this week, the more room in the talent pipeline for 2013 kids. This process tends to balance itself out. Not worried at all.

Comment

• Personally, I was hoping we could finish strong in part because I don't see us winning 11 games next year. Could look ugly versus Alabama and osu. Will that hurt recruiting? I don't know.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Versus Alabama, probably. We'll beat osu AGAIN in 2012. The Pontiff will CONTINUE be an Oh-fer vs UM.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Doubtful. It will be the Bucks' bowl game, and we're still a couple of years away. My hope is for a victory over Sparty. Anyone else notice that Sparty and Wisconsin aren't reaping the benefits of their Big Ten Championship game appearances?
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X