Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payton's (who hasn't committed yet) upside is plenty high, All Big Ten 'potential.' Not a freak of an athlete but more in the Adrian Arrington mold than Mario Manningham.

Comment

• Not sure why Dunn is back in the conversation again, but if he's really thinking about making the move, that'd be fine with me. Not long ago, he was still considered "solid" for the schmucks.

I am considering O'Brien to be gone. With that, I'm wondering where Hoke will go next, if he's still wanting another DL.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dunn may have been saying that he was solid for OSU because he watched the redneck explosion after Kyle Kalis flipped.

Comment

• Cleaned up the front page a lil', Jehu Chesson probably a plan C guy with high (or very high) interest from 3 guys higher on the board w/ M likely only taking two receivers...

I haven't given up on O'Brien, with a couple DT's like Pipkens & O'Brien, M could get back to having a front four that can get the type of pressure on the QB without blitzing a couple backers. Good QB's can exploit that, which is why Eastern had no success offensively...

Roh & Black looked excellent versus Eastern but for the most part they've struggled this season, those two both should be reserve, underclassman (both needed redshirts) behind upperclassman like RVB.
          Last edited by WM Wolverine; September 23, 2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Sam Webb's gut says Danny O'Brien not going to U-M.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• James Ross - Orchard Lake St. Mary's LB and highly-rated UM 2012 recruit makes a visit to Crap-town.

Last edited by Michael Pitts; September 23, 2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• This is kind of interesting, Drew Henson evaluates the recruits

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Everyone is aware of how well Michigan is doing on the recruiting trail, but how well do these players fit in with the new coaching staff and scheme? Former Michigan quarterback Drew Henson gives WolverineNation some analysis regarding several Wolverines commitments on the offensive side of the ball.

2013 QB commit Shane Morris is very advanced at making his progressions, according to former Michigan QB Drew Henson.

QB Shane Morris
                (Warren, Mich./De La Salle)
                Very polished mechanics, good feet and presence in the pocket. ... Ball placement is a plus, and plays with good rhythm and with a "clock in his head." He doesn't hold the ball. ... Many times you can see him get through his progression to his third option, very advanced for a 10th-grader. ... Nice touch on both deep balls and underneath routes, shows ability to make different type throws for different situations. ... Ball has zip coming off his hand when he drives the ball. ... Great-looking prospect with two more years to play, and get stronger and heavier -- both of which will continue to increase velocity and durability.

TE Devin Funchess (Farmington Hills, Mich./Harrison)
                Wow, first impression, looks like the real deal. ... Good feel with spacing and awareness running routes in the middle of the field, natural pass catcher who uses his body positioning very well. ... Likes contact. That's important for the position. ... Obviously Devin is a huge weapon in the passing game, especially vertically. He'll need to develop his techniques working on the "end of line," the traditional TE set. But all super athletic frosh TEs do. ... Will be an instant mismatch on LBs, whether on crossing/underneath routes or vertically. ... Weight will increase naturally.

FB Sione Houma (Salt Lake City/Highland)
                Runs the ball with very good pad level and leverage, which will translate well as a lead blocker when asked. ... A plus athlete and ball carrier as a fullback. ... One question: "Does he catch it well?" I'd assume he will. Now that U-M is back to its pro/multiple offensive sets, the signature nakeds and bootlegs will become a weapon again, and a natural ball carrier at fullback is a huge advantage. ... I think Sione can get to 230, 235 pounds easily without losing athleticism.

The linemen
                I really like the way Brady Hoke and the staff not only have identified top lineman prospects to bring in, but also the way that the group as a whole complements one another. Studs with great skills and at the same time flexibility.

LT Erik Magnuson (San Diego/La Costa Canyon)
                Great athlete and feet, definitely a left tackle with all the attributes you look for. ... Good footwork and balance in pass protection for a high school player. ... Prototype body and skills for the position. ... An O-lineman who plays hoops for his high school is impressive, but one that plays AAU for one of the best teams in San Diego is another story. ... His basketball highlights get me excited; a huge athlete with great skills who has so much room still to grow.

OT Kyle Kalis (Lakewood, Ohio/St. Edward)
                Dominates his competition more than any other OL prospect. ... Physical beast, a great run blocker, with a dare I say Steve Hutchinson mentality. Almost like he takes it personally. ... Plays big and mean, and with great leverage. ... Does not lose contact once he locks on a defender. ... Clearly a top prospect. ... Looks like he could play early, big question is if he wants to be a RT or G? ... Probable All-American. ... If U-M had the ability to play him at guard next to Magnuson, they could dominate like Backus/Hutchinson.

OL Blake Bars (Nashville, Tenn./Montgomery Bell Academy)
                Finishes play, high energy level. ... Good athlete, aggressive. ... Body type and long arms could allow him to play tackle, athleticism could let him play inside, too. Good versatility. ... Comes off the ball a bit high? Needs strength development. ... Interested to see how his feet, specifically in pass rotation, develop.

OL Ben Braden (Rockford, Mich./Rockford)
                Run leverage is good, likes contact. ... Fits the mold of the O-linemen I was in school with. ... Tall, but agile, could get to 310 pounds in one year. ... Agility in space? ... Could play RT as well as inside as needed.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• heh heh .. bless his little maize-and-blue heart ...

Comment

• Ross visited OSU?

Comment

• Decked out in M gear, of course.

Comment

• That's awesome.

Comment

• Caller asked Sam Webb what it meant that Se'von Pittman visited t*su recently, and Sam said it meant that Sparty was on suicide watch. :-)

Comment

• Sparty is getting their butts kicked in football recruiting this year. They have the one kid from FHH, but I'm not real impressed with the rest of their commits.

Comment

• I think Pittman will probably stick with MSU. But, IMO, outside of Kalis, he was the biggest loss. Frankly, Kalis and Pittman were the only two I really cared about. And Pittman's loss would be (will be) eased when Washington commits.

Pittman could be a star for MSU. He won't see the field for OSU until he's a redshirt sophomore (at the earliest).
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think Pittman verballed to MSU so that he has a spot somewhere in case t*su's punishment is too severe.

Comment

Working...
                                X