Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not knocking you Lines (you know I wouldn't do that), but I always think it's funny that when folks talk about haivng options in personnel like Mattison had with Ravens, Reed and Lewis always come up! Great talent, indeed.

It certainly WOULD be nice if he had the type of talent that perennial All-Pros and (likely) Hall of Famers always bring to a defense!

Personally, I can't stand the Ravens, but those guys are two of the best to ever play their positions, IMO.

Comment

• Grand Rapids is where I'm located; yes WM = West Michigan... Long ago I posted at the worldcrossing site as 'wmtiger/wm tiger', wm whitecaps', etc...

Comment

• M insiders NOT optimistic on Levenberry.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post

Personally, I can't stand the Ravens, but those guys are two of the best to ever play their positions, IMO.
          I don't like them either. They remind me of how I felt about the Malone/Stockton Jazz teams. I'd rather not watch. No denying those player's talent, though.

Comment

• M insiders NOT optimistic on Levenberry.
            I figured as much. As I stated before, a kid doesn't spend an entire week at a school if he only has an "interest". He liked it there, and that's why he stayed as long as he did.

I think he chose to hold off on his commitment until he could see Michigan. He's seen it, and now he's ready to declare for FSU.

I don't think his commitment to FSU should be a wrist-slashing event for M fans. Levenberry would have been a great get, but there are other very good players out there that we are still in on.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• M is very well stocked at LB; 6 4-stars in the last two classes... Jake Ryan is only a year in front of these guys with him redshirting... Desmond Morgan started as a true freshman a year in front of these guys...

Rivals has him as a likely 5-star but I think he trends downward closer to where ESPN, scout and 247sports has him; top 75 type talent.

Comment

• Were not hurting at LB. Mark it down right now, Michigan will lead the Big ten in top LB units for the next 15 years. Secondary I think too.

Comment

• Makes you wonder if M is no longer "full" at LB as they told a few guys. Or maybe Leavenberry was one of those you hold a spot for regardless? I have heard that idea thrown around.

Comment

• After 4 in the last class, 2 is the right amount... They'd only take one they couldn't refuse like Levenberry.

Comment

• Michigan will lead the Big ten in top LB units for the next 15 years. Secondary I think too.
                      Marked down.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Uuuhh ooohhhhh Chuck. Talent has you "marked down"...watch it!

Comment

• 15 years is a stretch. That's the kind of predictions our resident OlieO fans usually make.

I'd say with the way commitments have gone over the past 2 seasons, and how the next two groups are shaping up, I don't think it would be a stretch to say our LB corps should be among the B1G's best for the next 3-5 years.

And Mr. Talent ESQ has my permission to mark that down too ...

Comment

• Lots of M fans in a "mark it down" mode. Liney's is, at least, reasonable.

I don't think it would be a stretch to say our LB corps should be among the B1G's best for the next 3-5 years.

And Mr. Talent ESQ has my permission to mark that down too
                            Marked down!
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Incoming talent at LB is probably the highest spot on the team, right there with OL.

Comment

• And it should be especially good if Levenberry surprises and goes Blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X