This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks I didn't realize that.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• No doubt '98 was our best recruiting class ever.

Comment

• Is it true that Dawson has de-committed? If so, let's get to that IL kid who wanted to commit but had to "settle" for LSU. Name started with a P or a B I think

Comment

• Ethan Pocic

Comment

• I just saw this:

Comment

• wonder what happened.... wasn't he one that burned the Ohio offer letter?

Comment

• Don't know.

Maybe he wanted to take visits, and Hoke told him that his offer would be pulled if he did?

Anyone?
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Semi-shocked. There were occasional rumors to hint that this might happen, but just as soon as any rumor popped up, it seemed just as fast to go away.

Comment

• Rumors out there that another will soon follow (decommit).

Hoke's stand against commits taking visits...
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                      Rumors out there that another will soon follow (decommit).

Hoke's stand against commits taking visits...
                      I usually expect a decommit or two by signing day most years, usually not this early, though. I guess that's the risk you run by verbally "signing" so many so early. Seeing that nothing is official for nearly 4 months anyway, there's plenty of time to line up someone else that may end up being a better fit or want to be there 100%. With someone that comes in at anything less than 100%, there's likely a higher possibility that they'll leave anyway if things don't go there way in the first season or two.

With Dawson in particular, I can't even start to be critical of the kid. He lost his dad in a tragic accident earlier this year, so I can't even begin to imagine being in his shoes.

Comment

• I think what's happening, is that the "tourist area" schools are laying out the red carpet for players right now, offering the official visits, which are basically paid vacations. A free trip to somewhere like Florida or California is hard for a HS senior to turn down, no matter how committed he is.

Dawson would have been good to keep, but oh well.... We've had too many who actually signed on LOI day, only to find out that they were never here in their hearts.

Hoke will fill the schollys with people who want to be Wolverines.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I hope that Hoke is learning his lessons here and counting on some of these decommits in the future. We should have taken Pocic.

Comment

• Or allow some flexibility in regards to taking a visit or two after the verbal, considering how early the majority are committing.
                            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Hate to lose him, but I would trade him for a standout RB, WR, S, or CB. Those positions are needed more than OL at this point.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Gotta expect that a few aren't going to stick. They're just verbals. But, yes -- if it opens up some room for especially an RB or a late-emerging 5* option, then that's ideal.

Comment

Working...
                                X