Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think what it means, is that the scholarship that was set aside specifically for him, will now be offered to other athletes.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What's his deal?? what a shitty sports weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        I think what it means, is that the scholarship that was set aside specifically for him, will now be offered to other athletes.
        Understood. But is the door closed to his possible return after he goes "on tour?" That is the question that's never been answered, though the fact that a recruit is looking around knowing Hoke's rule means he's likely not interested in returning.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Rocky - I think M would consider taking him back, if nobody else has committed in that spot.

Comment

• Both Pharaoh Brown and David Dawson both weren't welcomed back, not sure what would happen in future cases of a kid like Conley.

Comment

• I thought for sure Dawson was a Florida lock. Now he's babbling about MSU or OSU? WTF? My limited knowledge of him is that he's good enough to play anywhere. So, did he want to go to Florida, took a visit, but the Crocs turned him down? And Hokattison told him to F off after he visited Florida? And now he's on to Plan C?
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If one of our two big rivals ends up with Dawson, then Hoke seriously needs to be called out on this jilted lover strategy.

Comment

• Most likely, Dawson is creating "drama" for his choice and doing it in a way that pokes M a bit. I really can't see him going anywhere but Florida. At least not as of today.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I hope that you're right.

Comment

• I don't understand why Dawson would have a problem with Michigan pulling his offer. If he was more interested in other schools, why would he care what Michigan thinks?

Comment

• This is why we need a payola machine. Programs with payola don't have problems with decommits.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          I don't understand why Dawson would have a problem with Michigan pulling his offer. If he was more interested in other schools, why would he care what Michigan thinks?
                          What is strange is that he was so gung-ho Michigan at one point. He was actively recruiting other kids.

"This is why we need a payola machine. Programs with payola don't have problems with decommits."

Until someone is willing to pay more.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• If kids like your program, all that you have to do is match the market value. Bear Bryant's philosphy was "let's not pay the kid any more than we have to", and that worked out very well for him.

Comment

• Part of it, maybe a huge part of it, is driven by asshole "M" fans who have been tweeting at him. Now he has taken to antagonizing them. It's a real destructive loop.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                This is why we need a payola machine. Programs with payola don't have problems with decommits.
                                Eric Dickerson was committed to Texas AM.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X