Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive linemen don't rotate much. They need to "gel" together. So, no, if you have a productive starting 5, you stay with those 5 baring injuries.

Comment

• In a few years its definitely gonna be some tough competition and not everyone will be happy, thats good though cause tough competition makes the team better as a whole.

Comment

• I don't think the O-line rotation will be any problem. Guys are always getting dinged up especially in the trenches. Having extra manpower in those positions allows the coaching staff to let guys heal up and substitute players in without a big talent drop off.

Give the O-line coach a rotation of 8-9 guys who are fairly interchangeable, and he's going to be considered a great coach. That's what Alabama is doing now. Shoot, Bobby Williams is still one of Saban's assistants. Yes, that Bobby Williams.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• DennisT ...... go to mgoblog and read the article: Hokepoints, Will M's OL Be Ready. You have to scroll way down. I think it appeared on Tuesday. Al ittle tedious, o/w excellent with regard to the ??? you ask above.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Will do, Jeff. Thanks. In general, I would expect a constant 5 man line like Chuck said but with this kind of talent bubble, I'd think they might do some rotating to help keep everybody engaged.

Comment

• Recruiting classes in the top 5-7 are 'elite', not quite at the level of Florida, Alabama, USC but can compete with anyone else.

Comment

• To be honest you don't rotate olinemen....Find your best five and they are on the field most of the game, unless Michigan is blowing a team off the field then we wll see the back up oline in the 4th qtr...if we are getting beat it will still be the starters.

I dont know about anyone else but I'm very excited about the team Coach Hoke is building from the trenches out!! Like someone said early, maybe the eliete will come once the line of scrimage is established..

Comment

• You don't rotate your linemen like you would platoon a baseball team. That's not what I suggested.

But, if Michigan can get a good solid nucleus of 7-8 guys who can do the job well, it makes injuries a lot easier to deal with. For instance, this past season, had Lewan went down, there was nobody on the bench who could step in, and give what he gives on the field. With the depth that is on the way, we'll have a guy who can step in, and do a great job.

Comment

• Treadwell to Ole Mi$$; hmmmmmmmmmm
                    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• M stopped calling him for a rea$on.

Comment

• That has been a done deal for almost 2 months. No surprise at all.

Comment

• Reality is, there's not much difference between #5-7 vs #1-3. The difference is when you start stacking #1 with a #1 and a #3 and a #1. That's where it gets nasty. If we continue to keep putting top 3-7 classes together after one another, we'll be okay.

Comment

• '14 class 'might' be small, it might just barely be a top 10 class if they only sign 20-21 kids; one of those being a kicker. Quality is important for '14 if it's small.

Comment

• Green announces on the 26th? Why the fanfare? I'd be surprised if he ends up anywhere but at Michigan.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• not quite at the level of Florida, Alabama, USC
                                It's going to really pain you when you are absolutely forced to include UFM and Ohio State in that list, which they already should be. Heh.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X