Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am surprised by the number of O-linemen Michigan continues to attract given the number they've hauled in the last two seasons. Check out the depth chart by class:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• We could use more tackles.

Comment

• Actually, I agree. Won't Braden be moved to OT?

Comment

• Good news on Bars, I think his timetable moved up after Bushell-Beatty committed with only 1 OL spot left.

Comment

• I love these fat ugly offensive linemen coming to Michigan!! We will DOMINATE the LOS in a few years. Btw my brother is leaning strongly to playing OL at Alma College next fall.

Comment

• Bars is supposedly a OT and Bushell-Beatty is OT/OG. Previous classes M is light on true tackles:

'12: Braden is OT/OG, Kalis is pure OG, Blake Bars is C/OG, Magnuson is OT...
              '13: Dawson is pure OG, Kugler is C/OG, Tulley-Tillman is OT/OG, Samuelson is OG, Bosch is OG/OT & Fox is OT...

Braden imo will move back outside after Lewan/Schofield get drafted. They'll still need another starting OT among Fox, Magnuson, etc. After the coaches see these guys compete this fall, we'll get a clearer picture of who can play outside and who is left to play inside. Regardless, I think the '12/'13 group is outstanding in both quality and quantity. With this many numbers, attrition is certain when someone gets left behind on the depth chart but this amount of numbers was needed for the lack of OL numbers in '09 - '11...

As exciting as the OL M is recruiting, they are doing quite well with TE's too; Devin Funchess, AJ Williams, Jake Butt, Khalid Hill & Ian Bunting. We'd know a lot about undersized defenses having real trouble with 2 TE packages, put in a FB too and you've got 8 blocking for your RB.
              Last edited by WM Wolverine; May 1, 2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• and now we have the running backs to tote the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  and now we have the running backs to tote the ball.
                  ...but only the ones that the urban legend didn't want

Comment

• Now you understand, Rob .. :-P
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Isn't LTT a pure tackle?

Comment

• Peppers wants to be Michigan's next Woodson , hard to imagine him heading elsewhere.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 2, 2013, 03:58 PM.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I especially like this:

"Real recognize real," Peppers said matter-of-factly. "That's the shortest and sweetest way you can say it. Real recognize real. They didn't put on a show. Basically who they are -- they remind me of my coaches right now. That's how comfortable we felt there. It was like we were still at (Paramus Catholic). That was the main thing, just the comfort level and just how down-to-earth those guys are. How they are with their players -- they coach you hard, and just everything. It was a great visit."
                          Added Partridge: "I really, really loved it too. You go some places and they try to put on a show, but at Michigan they genuinely care and love Michigan football. They showed who they are and why they love it. They were so enthusiastic when they were taking the kids around and talking to them. It is about life just as much as about football. There is no selfishness there. It is all about the kids and about Michigan football. I got a very good vibe with those guys."
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Wouldn't count out Stanford yet. They have an impressive program, and the setting is beautiful. My hope is that it will be too far from home cookin' in the final analysis. Another consideration is that his family will get more opportunities to see him play on the road with the Big Ten conference expanding eastward.
                            Last edited by Rocky Bleier; May 2, 2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• There's always time for an Ole Miss or an Auburn to swoop in with a bunch of cash too.

Comment

• He'd already have a bunch of SEC schools in the running if that were the case, it's down to M & Stanford.

Comment

Working...
                                X