This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
    Mom must be pissed. She'll get over it, though. She and Hannibal will be MSU fans soon enough.
    What's that like, then? It's been about two months since you converted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
      The sky has fallen!
      Sky finally stopped falling here about noon, 6" of fresh, powdery sky on the ground, though, since last night.

How 'bout the rest of you Chicken Littles?

;-)

Seriously, though, I don't fully subscribe to the "Oh, woe is us!" negativity so often spewed by many. IRT Brand-On and especially to the way the entire Gibbons sexual misconduct mess has been handled, I am as pissed off as just about anyone. But that's another discussion, all I'll say right now is that it has the potential to be more damaging than anything we've seen at U of M, including both the Ed Martin/Fab 5 mess and DickRod's "practicegate" and his 3-season Reign of Error. New U of M Prez Schlissel (however his name is spelled?) would be best advised to fully investigate and (if Brandon screwed up in any way whatsoever) sweep the bum out. Quickly, too!

But the Football Program? For some reason, I'm cautiously optimistic that Hoke, Mattison, and Nussmeier will figure some things out between now and the kickoff vs. (cringe!) App State. There is just too much talent to be tapped into to have the Michigan football team continue to wallow in mediocrity. Some of the improvement has to come as a result of the players themselves looking in the mirror and stepping up, too, but at this point, going into year #4, Hoke is at the produce-or-move-on stage and I think he knows it. He's taking a calculated gamble in not making more staff changes, IMO, but (unless he now pulls the final string or two since we're thru NLI day) it's his staff to sink or swim with. Will we contend in the B1G? Maybe, but that window will close quickly being in the East Division, unless the ship can be righted quickly to keep the recruits coming in. Are we national contenders? Uh, NO--one step at a time here.

Are Michigan fans patient enough to wait it out with Hoke, though? That remains to be seen, and that's why I stated above that the new Prez HAS to be quick and decisive in tossing Brand-On out on his ear if the situation warrants it (and not just over the Gibbons fiasco).

Comment

• Rob:

You make a good point when you say "Some of the improvement has to come as a result of the players themselves looking in the mirror and stepping up, too". Look at Stauskus and Levert in basketball. Who do you figure improved significantly in football in 2013?

I'm beginning to think that the 11-2 first year was an outlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          What's that like, then? It's been about two months since you converted.
          Wrong, dickhead. Been a Michigan fan since before you were born. I poke fun at Hannibal because he pisses and moans and capitulates so easily. You, on the other hand, got your panties in a bunch because I gave MSU credit and pointed out their geographic direction in relation to osu. The whole "who's a real fan" bullshit is for kids.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I've never subscribed to the theory that if you bitch and moan about your team/coach than you are somehow not being a good fan. IMO, you are being the catalyst for positive change. Though, I admit, too much negativity probably isn't healthy. But that's fucking Hoke and Brandon's fault. Heh.

Comment

• Besides Peppers the defense shows no sign of improvement. Last year was pathetic, they couldnt stop anyone. I mean seriously we had to go for a fucking 2 point conversion because it was a given OSU was going to score.

Until that D turns into a real D this team will suck.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• What does that top paragraph even mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                  Wrong, dickhead. Been a Michigan fan since before you were born. I poke fun at Hannibal because he pisses and moans and capitulates so easily. You, on the other hand, got your panties in a bunch because I gave MSU credit and pointed out their geographic direction in relation to osu. The whole "who's a real fan" bullshit is for kids.
                  You capitulated. MSU beat OSU and you declared it a great day for Michigan fans! You should be ashamed of yourself with that pathetic bullshit, especially now that we're a few weeks removed from it. I can certainly understand a bit of strange behavior on the day of the event, or some venting. We're weeks removed now. Either apologize or go be a bandwagon MSU fan.
                  Last edited by hack; February 6, 2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• It appears that McDowell's mother is his only legal guardian, and she must sign the LOI. She won't if he goes to MSU. He can still matriculate at MSU and have a scholarship, but there is no contractual relation between him and MSU. I strongly recommend this link from The Huge Show:

Last edited by Da Geezer; February 6, 2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• I don't want to get Rick Rolled.. Ain't clicking that
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah. Hardly a day goes by on this board without somebody rickrolling somebody.

Comment

• Hmmm...I'll believe it when I see it. Not the Rick Roll part.

Comment

• Wishful thinking, he's decided on Sparty awhile ago.

Comment

• Not even...don't even really care about McDowell. Just going off Marshall's quotes.

Comment

• In the first and second team B1G all-recruit teams (total of 50 players), 42 signed with teams in the East and 8 signed with the West. Sure does seem fair to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X